General Roof bars

Currently reading:
General Roof bars

Rob Gwilliams

I'm trying to get roof bars for my 2021 city cross. (Flat roof)
I've got some universal bars that I had on my previous polo, but they don't fit.

I ordered some off ebay that are for my car, spent 2 hours trying to get them to fit, with no joy, so sent them back but I've been asked to try another set. I've told them if they're the same they won't fit.

Does anyone either have any idea of where to get some from without paying stupid money (thule etc), or have a set they don't use that they're willing to sell.

Any advice would be welcomed.
Thanks.

You can get the roof rails and then the Fiat roof rack bars. Expensive route though (£260 in 2016) AND your roof has to have the rubber strips and roof channels. If all just one plain metal roof sheet of steel then rails can not be fitted.

My 500X has the rails and I fitted Thule bars.. However I notice that the Thule bar pads marked/faded the rails. The pads were not continuous but ribbed.

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

Thule product support were great and refunded me for the their bars AND also paid for replacement roof rails. I then bought the Fiat Accessories ones for the 500X. These had continuous pads.

IMG-20171130-WA0006.jpg

Back