Styling Roof bars

Currently reading:
Styling Roof bars

grgiorgos

Just got the fiat roof bars for my cross.
They feel like they are made from Thule, but not sure.
Does anybody know?
Also they do not come with a key, which is a disadvantage for me. If they are Thule I think I'll buy the locks...

S130 thanks for your reply. I've seen your previous posts on the bars issue.
I thought they were Thule because my bike rack with T style connections seems to fit.

S130 thanks for your reply. I've seen your previous posts on the bars issue.
I thought they were Thule because my bike rack with T style connections seems to fit.

The "T" slots seems to be a "standard" type connectivity/accessory mounting mechanism. Makes sense for all.

The OE Fiat ones come with a 'star 'type key to lock the bars on through the plastic covers. One of ours appeared to be a little brittle when I first installed and a small piece of the plastic cover snapped off however with no effect to the working of the bars. They do generate a significant amount of wind noise though over 40mph. These are the same ones I have -
$_57.JPG

Wind noise is an issue. I've put them on today and noticed that the wind noise after 70 km/h is very high. They are very easy to fit so I'll keep them off when not needed.

Most/all roof bar manufacturers suggest they are removed when not in use. Fitting bars on you own always runs a small risk of accidental roof damage. If you are an occasional bar user and the bars are noisy then removal ticks two boxes. Manufacturer's recommendation and your noiseless driving.

As giorgos says the OE ones are a doddle to fit - even on your own. TBH as vain as it sounds I bought our set as they were going v.cheap and just to make the car look a little more 'off-road'ish rather than for any initial load requirement. The 500X Cross Plus having the roof-line side bars does not look the part as much as our old Sedici did with its longitudinal elevated bars.

Back