Technical Oil leak engine

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leak engine

Hharbers

My 87 panda 1000cc 4x,4 is leaking engine oil. Its leaks where gearbox meets engine.
(I try pointing at it with allen wrench)
It dribbles from there to lowest point of sump pan where it drips on the Floor

What would be most likely causing leak. Crankshaft oil seal or sealing of sump pan?

Sump pan seals replacing is no to big fix to solve on street in front of our house but if my oil seal is blown i have to remove gearbox 😥

Do i need cork seals as in my Haynes manual

In eper and online parts stores just Liquid sealer is Shown instead of a gasket

Attachments

• DSC_4520.JPG
    DSC_4520.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC_4521.JPG
    DSC_4521.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • DSC_4522.JPG
    DSC_4522.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_4523.JPG
    DSC_4523.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thanks,
Its engine oil for sure.

It just started to leak a few days ago. I have driven just s few miles since

I have looked with torch light and seams still to be clean inside. I will remove it to have a better look.
Upper bolt is quite hard to reach ☹️

I think of its s blown crankcase seal i would suspect it is more wet of oil inside.

Do i need cork seals as shown in my Haynes or just Liquid sealer as is Shown in eper

Thanks,
Its engine oil for sure.

It just started to leak a few days ago. I have driven just s few miles since

I have looked with torch light and seams still to be clean inside. I will remove it to have a better look.
Upper bolt is quite hard to reach ☹️

I think of its s blown crankcase seal i would suspect it is more wet of oil inside.

Do i need cork seals as shown in my Haynes or just Liquid sealer as is Shown in eper
i done a crankcase recently and mine was instant gasket from a tube. i would suspect its more likely that your crank seal would leak than the crankcase. if so do the crank seal along with the clutch

Back