Bad news to my bro Mjet GP!

Currently reading:
Bad news to my bro Mjet GP!

the latch is poor they always drop open when new so to fix that fiat from the dealer bend the latch slightly to make it fit tighter. problem is its hard to close and hard to open then you have to sort of slam it.

then it either snaps the handle or snaps the peg. they will replace it a wellll known fault.

God sakes peeps, all this fuss over a fecking handle.
The glovebox opens & closes fine without the handle as I just push the the lever down that the handle would have pushed...
Shelf clips on order, neither Bridgend or Arnold Clark can get the centre cap for my GP.....
15" Anthracite multispoke alloy wheels, standard for the Dub, yet Fiat are saying that those wheels shouldn't be on the car..... sakes how hard is it to get 1 flamin centre cap for my Alloy's??

Andi_F said:
The glovebox opens & closes fine without the handle as I just push the the lever down that the handle would have pushed...

all people are saying is, why bodge it with glue when you can get it repaired perfectly for free? you have a warranty, why not use it? thats what it's there for. hell if ihad a car with a warranty the thing would be back every month to make sure it as damn near perfect, thats why you pay a premium at garages, to get that service if it goes wrong, no matter ho small or insignificant the problem is.

it's a fair enough comment IMO, no need to get shirty with people.

yeh to be fair andi no one is having a dig at you! but all im saying is that if ii payed the £££ for a Grande that lets be honest is in mint condition i WOULD NOT be happy with a missing/glues anything anywhere... i wouldnt even glue the handle on my bravo id get it fixed.

Andi_F said:
Shelf clips on order, neither Bridgend or Arnold Clark can get the centre cap for my GP.....
15" Anthracite multispoke alloy wheels, standard for the Dub, yet Fiat are saying that those wheels shouldn't be on the car..... sakes how hard is it to get 1 flamin centre cap for my Alloy's??

Sounds like they're a bit clueless really. Every Dub edition as far as I know had the same 15" alloys. I've also recently seen a GP Van with the same alloys in white, so it's not a unique design. If you can find out the part number via something like Eper, then they should be able to find it from that. Possibly it could even be on the back of one of the other centre caps.

saw a dub the other day, had those alloys

the dealer is talking out their arse/looking at the wrong place. as rob says, take off another centre cap, there my well be a parts number on it somewhere, if it does, take a note of it and ask the dealer to run it through their system and watch their embarasment ;)

muppet42 said:
Sounds like they're a bit clueless really. Every Dub edition as far as I know had the same 15" alloys. I've also recently seen a GP Van with the same alloys in white, so it's not a unique design. If you can find out the part number via something like Eper, then they should be able to find it from that. Possibly it could even be on the back of one of the other centre caps.

Chris@Souls on FF can get me 1for £7.50p inc VAT & Postage..... only it has to come from Italy as that's the only place Fiat have stocks of them....
All I know is the Alloy's are 15" OZ Superturismo in anthracite grey.
Steve B, did you ever find the back end on you're GP's 'lively'?? sometimes feels like the back end want's to step out... Kieran you had this problem at all??

Andi_F said:
Steve B, did you ever find the back end on you're GP's 'lively'?? sometimes feels like the back end want's to step out... Kieran you had this problem at all??

in what way do you mean lively? under what conditions, acceleration through corners or lifting off the accelerator through corners? under braking ina straight line or through corners?

theres no way a modern car like a gp should be lively at the back, they are all safe and predictable handling wise

Nope none of the grandes have ever had been lively at the back, although I did once drift with the two martyns in the car once!!

It's bad enough Mark, national tyres still put a tyre on it though, but due to the amount of tyres I've been through recently, decided to use the dented one as a spare once I aqquire a new wheel! :/

Andi_F said:
Chris@Souls on FF can get me 1for £7.50p inc VAT & Postage..... only it has to come from Italy as that's the only place Fiat have stocks of them....
All I know is the Alloy's are 15" OZ Superturismo in anthracite grey.

Won't Stilo schumacher center caps fit? 18" are Super Ts too.

Back