GP sporting 1.4 16v bits and bobs

Currently reading:
GP sporting 1.4 16v bits and bobs

Hey, been a while since i have been on just been busy with uni Anyway I am looking for a bit of advice on some new bits for the car.

Firstly has anyone installed a short shift kit the the GP sporting and if so where or what would they recommend.

Secondly has anyone upgraded the brake hoses too braided ones. If so where and what would they recommend.

Lastly has anyone upgraded the coil packs/ ignition leads? If so, again, where and what would they recommend.

I have currently installed:
custom cat back exhaust
tinted rear windows
Fly eye kit
some go faster stickers
K&N 57i induction kit
FK street coilovers
De-badged front grill

Hey Darren,

First off, Do you really NEED a short shift? To be honest, the punto's shift isn't that long (5 Speed box?) and I can do a shift in about 0.4/sec if all going well...

2nd, Over-braid brake lines won't make much of a difference to the braking system, if anything at all. All they do is mean that you don't need to replace the flexi's. A saving of about £30 over 6 years (I think thats the youngest vehicle I had to do them on). HEL seem to be a good company to go for.

3rdly I'm going to presume that you have a 1.4 starjet, not a 1.4 tjet. Either of these engines have one coil per cylinder so no leads (IIRC). Uprated coil packs will be very rare, if they even exist, you may need to upgrade the ECU for uprated coils.

I hope that covers most bases for you.

One thing I will note, Its YOUR money, not mine. Go ballistic if you want :)

short shifts only work if going driectly into the box anyway E.G rear wheel drives other than that its pretty much just an illusion

Cheers for the input guys. Much better than the fiat forum where there have been no replies.

Steve i originally wanted the GSR induction kit but i refused to fork out £170 for it. The K&N was only £60 and came with a cold air feed pipe.

Reason for the short shifter is i had a shot of a friends fiesta zetec s with one and it feels so much better when going through the gears.

Martyn said:
Again though, its your car your money and your choice. Ultimately if you want short shift then do it :)

This.

It's all about feel on a road car. If it makes the car more satisfying to drive for you, then by all means it's a good mod :)

There's no performance gain, simply because there's no situation on the road where you're rattling through the gears fast enough, but you can say the same for a lot of performance mods... you can't really exploit it on the road (legally) anyway, so it all comes down to personal preference :)

Different boxes, albeit both 5 speed box's. IIRC the T-Jet has the C530, can't remember what the starjet has though.#

EDIT: Looks like the starjet has a 6 speed box???

scoop_987 said:
Different boxes, albeit both 5 speed box's. IIRC the T-Jet has the C530, can't remember what the starjet has though.#

EDIT: Looks like the starjet has a 6 speed box???

Both afaik are evolutions of the boxes used on FIRE's over the years, Both Starjet and T-Jet are evolutions of that engine as well (albeit getting pretty distant relatives now).

Like the FIRE engines boxes, the 6 speed was more or less the same box as the, just with an added bit of outer casing for the extra gear. Virtually everything else outwardly of the boxes was the same or at very least compatible with the rest of the range. Given their ancestry, Wouldn't surprise me at all if these boxes were the same idea and the linkages are a straight fit.

Just taking a guess based on logic though. But when does logic and Fiat go together? :D

Back