Bad news to my bro Mjet GP!

Currently reading:
Bad news to my bro Mjet GP!

any fiat center cap will fit, their pretty universal but....

i think he wants 4 DUB ones lol.

no grande ive drove is 'lively at the rear'. any noises?

having seen the dub ones, tbh i think i'd just get 4 standard fiat centre caps off of ebay, it'd make the wheels look classier IMO

as for the lively rear end, i think clocks thinking along the same lines as me here, any clonks from the back? does the ride at the back feel overly firm? (the grande is fairly firm at the back anyway but far from solid), any vibrations?

the three main mechanical reasons for a lively feeling rear are worn bushes, leaking/siezed shockers or out of balance wheels.

if its not mechanical, it could just be driving style? iirc you mentioned a few times the sei felt lively at the back?

Lifting off the throttle, with a bit of steering on, sometimes it feels like the back end is trying to step out at no more than 30MPH.
Could even be the road surface along Holmston Road, but only in 1 direction....
NO Clonks or anything unusual, aprt from the parcel shelf which would clonk as the clips were missing, they have been fitted today.

It could even be as you said Mark my driving style.. I don't know.

As for the Alloy Wheel Centre cap, still waiting on Chris@souls to get back to me.

Mrcento said:
having seen the dub ones, tbh i think i'd just get 4 standard fiat centre caps off of ebay, it'd make the wheels look classier IMO

as for the lively rear end, i think clocks thinking along the same lines as me here, any clonks from the back? does the ride at the back feel overly firm? (the grande is fairly firm at the back anyway but far from solid), any vibrations?

the three main mechanical reasons for a lively feeling rear are worn bushes, leaking/siezed shockers or out of balance wheels.

if its not mechanical, it could just be driving style? iirc you mentioned a few times the sei felt lively at the back?

handbrake :D

Andi_F said:
Lifting off the throttle, with a bit of steering on, sometimes it feels like the back end is trying to step out at no more than 30MPH.
Could even be the road surface along Holmston Road, but only in 1 direction....
NO Clonks or anything unusual, aprt from the parcel shelf which would clonk as the clips were missing, they have been fitted today.

It could even be as you said Mark my driving style.. I don't know.

As for the Alloy Wheel Centre cap, still waiting on Chris@souls to get back to me.

That'll be lift off oversteer, the Marea does it on wet roundabouts at similar speeds.

Surprised Chris is taking so long to get back to you about the center cap, he is usually quite good with the more irregular parts.

muppet42 said:
What kind of tyres are on the back? Guessing decent tread at least? But even still, seems odd it's that unstable. Certainly the 1.4 Sporting I drove felt stable enough. Didn't like it compared to the Stilo though :/

Michelin Energy Saver 175/65 R15 84H

YcMing said:
If you feel like the backend is stepping out then just drive slower at a speed your are comfortable with.

But at a guess, we all like to have the back end coming out from time to time :) .

Ming

Ming it happens at 30MPH most of the time.
As for back end out..... saw alot of that Saturday

Venters said:
That'll be lift off oversteer, the Marea does it on wet roundabouts at similar speeds.

Surprised Chris is taking so long to get back to you about the center cap, he is usually quite good with the more irregular parts.

Cheers for the info Stu.
As for Chris, it's now bugging me....

its the shockers... only thing it can be at the back. they wont be absorbing the road corerctly and it will force them to step out.

take it back tell the dealer because you have that special warrantee we all go on about. tell them it steps out easily at 30mph and you arnt happy (its dangerous) bet you you get new shockers.

muppet42 said:
Ah, so not the tyres. Read a few reviews there and seems like a decent, grippy tyre.

Aye very grippy Rob, wet or dry roads, no hint of understeer.
With the Sei 1 roundabout I had to crawl round in 2nd in the wet, the GP on the other hand, wet or dry 3rd gear no problems.

Clock34 said:
its the shockers... only thing it can be at the back. they wont be absorbing the road corerctly and it will force them to step out.

take it back tell the dealer because you have that special warrantee we all go on about. tell them it steps out easily at 30mph and you arnt happy (its dangerous) bet you you get new shockers.

Aaah cheers Steve I'll mention that to Bridgend.

Back