Technical Airbag Failure Passenger Seat

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Failure Passenger Seat

Morning all,

I want to remove the front passenger seat from my Qubo to install a mattress.

After taking the necessary precautions I have unplugged the airbag under seat connector. Prior to doing this I turned off the passenger airbag in the car menu.

I now have ‘airbag failure’ with a beep coming up when I turn on the ignition.

Is this something that can be cleared using a plug in device/code reader gadget, and if yes is there a certain one I need to find? I will get someone that knows what they are doing to do it.

I’m also aware that I could potentially bridge the connector but I’m a bit hesitant to do that as there are three terminals and I’m not sure which ones need bridging.

Photos of the fault and connector attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2957.jpeg
    IMG_2957.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Hello,

I hope that 'the necessary precautions' included disconnecting the battery. The airbag modules are very easy to damage playing with those terminals under voltage. And costly to repair / replace.

You'll need MultiEcuScan and an appropiate to Qubo interface / adapter. You can check the list on the multiecuscan.net website. For my Ducato I bought a bluetooth ELM adapter (STN1170, there's a newer STN2120 version now) that works both with my android phone and the Torque App (for quick diagnosis on the road) and my PC (for more complex tasks at home).

If what you've done is correct you should be able to do a proxi alignment procedure, which will allow the system to recognize which equipment is connected to the CAN. Before the proxi alignment do make a backup of the old setup. The procedure is described on the forum.

There's a similar thread on the Qubo that you might find useful here:

Last edited:
The lifetime license is only 50 EUR. The interface I got was around 40 EUR. You pay once and use it anytime on your car for different purposes. Diagnostics, modifications etc.

As far as I've read, there's a list of people with MES willing to help somewhere on the forum. I've never looked for it, as I'm too far.

Absolutely DO NOT bridge any connectors /wires to do with air bag system you could be seriously injured or your wallet seriously injured.
The system is more intelligent than you think.
The air bag warming light will only go off if the correct air bag is plugged into the plug.
If the air bag is missing a code reader cannot turn the warning light off permanently.....the light will just come back on straight away.

Adding a resistor to the seat air bag circuit could turn off the airbag light without a code reader but the correct resistance must be used -I dint know what resistance is. I wouldn't recommend doing so unless you know what you are doing.

I think I’m going to go down the route of sticking a resistor in. Unfortunately I can’t find the ampage of the airbag so will be trial and error but looking online 99% of airbags are 2ohms.

Back