What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Some police forces are massively cracking down on this loads of beaver tail conversion are not fit for purpose, some are flat beds that have inherented the tail from some older van that failed it’s MOT, so some are really not even fit to carry anything above a ton.

Then on top of that many drivers are not actually licensed above 3 1/2tons so many are driving over loaded and unlicensed
and so uninsured. Cops will chase them down at speed!

z
Probably his wife’s car and he just stuck it on the back for the picture… and to pop his tires by the looks of it

Not so much 5 grand more like 5 tons all in
Nah its this weeks special. Burned out engine and no gearbox. But its OK as its a class B damaged repaired. Two half cars glued together with Gorilla glue.One lady owner FSH's😄

That Transit has double rear wheels. It might still be a 3.5t, but some are built to be heavier than that, up to about 7 tonnes, I think. So it may not be overweight.
Needs a C1 (7.5t) licence though.
Most single-wheel beavertails weigh around 2 tonnes , so max carrying capacity would be 1.5t, which includes fuel, driver and passengers, tools, tie straps, etc. My Fabia weighs 1300kg, so would put a 3.5t beavertail close to its maximum.

I am enslaved to a small cat. She moved in, and now demands I attend without delay, when she's ready. If I don't jump to attention quickly enough, she will shout at me.

Now, I'm also being shouted at by the Starlings.
They are fledging, so lots of hungry mouths to feed. The 'babies' are now coming down to the feeder, to sit on the pole and scream at their parents to be fed. Are their beaks weak? Having got that close, I see no reason why they should not feed themselves.
They prefer the fat balls over the seeds. I now have two fatball feeders, with four fatballs in each. They finished them by about 11am this morning, and sat on the pole, screaming at me to refill them. I duly went out and refilled both feeders, while the birds sat in the bushes, quietly. They were feeding as I shut the back door on teh way back in. Then at 4:30pm, they were staring into the patio window at me, screaming again.

That Transit has double rear wheels. It might still be a 3.5t, but some are built to be heavier than that, up to about 7 tonnes, I think. So it may not be overweight.
Needs a C1 (7.5t) licence though.
Most single-wheel beavertails weigh around 2 tonnes , so max carrying capacity would be 1.5t, which includes fuel, driver and passengers, tools, tie straps, etc. My Fabia weighs 1300kg, so would put a 3.5t beavertail close to its maximum.
In the picture above there is no travel left in the suspension so it think it’s fair to say it is well over weight.

I found the link now. It is Lincolnshire police who are really cracking down on it, and daily are posting on Twitter the multiple trucks they have stopped. If they are over 3.5t I believe they need to be using a tacograph if not then they are breaking the law, there is one on there just today who was not licenced and therefore not insured and even when they are doing everything right, they test positive for drugs and still get arrested, so I think a lot of these trucks will be selling cheap soon as they are not fit for purpose

My collecting Panda numbers (sad man) continues. Many have no MOT.. Todays catch, no MOT since 2019, so likely no insurance so Im afraid I told the cops having just paid another £209 for substituting a newer Panda on insurance. I am looking out to see the two I have noted with the same plates! A red one in Norfolk and a black one in Manchester!! Previously this week saw a 2011 one but MOT ran out a couple of eeeks ago. Probably just an oversight

Last edited:
Pedaled a bicycle a short bit today. It wasn't my intention as I have not been given a medical okay yet(As if I care). But, I rolled the bike out of the garage, to get the Ural out, to get the mower out. I put the mower back when I finished the lawn, followed by the Ural and closed the door. About 20 minutes later, I noticed that I left the bike out. I decided, "what the hell" and went on a short spin around the 'hood. No pain, but no strength, either.
Since riding bikes without 'good' coaster brakes since 1970(I still have nightmares of the early Sturmey Archer TCW hubs), I forgot the bike had one as I slightly backpedaled to get my feet in the downhill aero position and forward motion diminished very quickly. :D (note to self. Hey stupid, the orange bike has a coaster brake as well as rim brakes)

Washing solar panels Fell off the bin I was stood on. I was fine but struck by a low flying plane. I fended it off pushing it back into the sky in an act of heroism. Now have bruised ribs, twisted knee and big head ache. Thats the price of being a her Daughter claims'stupid old man stood on top of bin and the lid opened so he fell 5 foot to the ground. Think her words were are you OK you stupid old buffer...
Fuve years ago I would have blasted anyone doibg sonething so stupid. But tge bin is full of firewood and too heavy to move. Found a few tiny stone chips on the noo panda all done no more than 1/16 inch square in total. Now shes petfect

Early start this morning...
1000012707.jpg

Avoided rush hours and gentle bit of motorway...with which the car was quite happy current showing 53mpg on the trip computer.

Although it's probably baffled as it's gone from the wife driving to me sitting on cruise so left the house with 410 miles range showing, passed Sheffield showing 417 miles remaining. Though of course on the fuel gauge 150 miles has used quarter of a tank.

Last edited:
Early start this morning...View attachment 444992

Avoided rush hours and gentle bit of motorway...with which the car was quite happy current showing 53mpg on the trip computer.

Although it's probably baffled as it's gone from the wife driving to me sitting on cruise so left the house with 410 miles range showing, passed Sheffield showing 417 miles remaining. Though of course on the fuel gauge 150 miles has used quarter of a tank.
That's a wonderful scenery

Busterdog and I got out for our morning walk together for the first time since 8 February. He went nutso when I called his name and he saw his lead in my hand. We walked just about a mile and a half and will work up to double that. What's more is we'll be back on a schedule. We always went after I had my breakfast. Mrs.Cheest is whenever she feels like it.

Speaking of Mrs.Cheest, her final radiation treatment is Thursday morning. Good thing is she will be done with it and is cancer free. Bad thing is I will lose my daily two hours of morning Netflix 'me time'.

Washing solar panels Fell off the bin I was stood on. I was fine but struck by a low flying plane. I fended it off pushing it back into the sky in an act of heroism. Now have bruised ribs, twisted knee and big head ache. Thats the price of being a her Daughter claims'stupid old man stood on top of bin and the lid opened so he fell 5 foot to the ground. Think her words were are you OK you stupid old buffer...
Fuve years ago I would have blasted anyone doibg sonething so stupid. But tge bin is full of firewood and too heavy to move. Found a few tiny stone chips on the noo panda all done no more than 1/16 inch square in total. Now shes petfect
you need to get yourself a squeegee on a stick, like those people who do commercial windows in cities have.

My collecting Panda numbers (sad man) continues. Many have no MOT.. Todays catch, no MOT since 2019, so likely no insurance so Im afraid I told the cops having just paid another £209 for substituting a newer Panda on insurance. I am looking out to see the two I have noted with the same plates! A red one in Norfolk and a black one in Manchester!! Previously this week saw a 2011 one but MOT ran out a couple of eeeks ago. Probably just an oversight

We get random cars dumped alongside our numbered parking space,

Reporting the Untaxed ones,
We have not seen any of them labelled then removed..

I can assure you that ANPR does indeed catch untaxed vehicles though, as long as they are Registered,
(and the retards driving it for repair don't bring Trade Plates - despite their reassurances)

you need to get yourself a squeegee on a stick, like those people who do commercial windows in cities have.
I do have one but they required power washing prior to that. My own very stupid fault. I could have set up my scaffold tower and put planks across and would hve been quite safe. Im lucky I escaped major injury but I do feel like I have done 10 rounds with a heavyweight boxer today. I can now keep them clean regularly if necessary. In nfact I cant really see any improvement in output! I cleaned half and compared the two strings the improvement was barely visible.

Busterdog and I got out for our morning walk together for the first time since 8 February. He went nutso when I called his name and he saw his lead in my hand. We walked just about a mile and a half and will work up to double that. What's more is we'll be back on a schedule. We always went after I had my breakfast. Mrs.Cheest is whenever she feels like it.

Speaking of Mrs.Cheest, her final radiation treatment is Thursday morning. Good thing is she will be done with it and is cancer free. Bad thing is I will lose my daily two hours of morning Netflix 'me time'.
I am so pleased for you both after the nasty scare. I think you might be able to celebrate soon!

In other news to make me smile, I got cleared by my doctor to do any and all activities again. I was told, though, to hold off on skating for a while longer. ;)
while you're waiting for full skating fitness why not give bungee jumping or skiing a go.. they are all good for the ankles. ;)

Glad to hear you are on the mend, how is the lathe we have not had any updates recently?

Growing old disgracefully. Right on man!
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Act your age! How? I've never been this old before.

Andy-No projects for the lathe right now. I will be going to a large estate auction in northern Wisconsin later in the month to see if I can score a six inch 3 jaw chuck and other bits for it. The late owner was a friend of my Dads' and has buildings full of cars, parts, machine tools, farm equipment, and hand tools. Dad has his eye on a 1948 Jeep CJ2a.

Back