Technical Bluetooth not working

Currently reading:
Technical Bluetooth not working

sergio2305

Hi everybody,
A friend of mine bought a used Fiat Panda (2013), the dealer told her that the car was equipped with bluetooth but the steering wheel buttons don’t work. I checked the car and it seems that the the buttons work sometimes, however the bluetooth pairing didn’t seem to do anything. I tried the USB, still no luck. I tried looking for the Blue & Me module under the passenger seat and it wasn’t there, there’s only an unplugged blue connector! Did I check in the right place? Or did my friend just got ripped off? I found another unplugged connector which I have no idea what’s that for, I’ll leave a photo.

P.S. The odometer is flashing.

Sergio

Attachments

• IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6556.jpeg
    IMG_6556.jpeg
    994.3 KB · Views: 18
Failure of the blue&me module is commonly reported here; when this happens, it usually stays powered on and soon drains the battery. I suspect that this happened to a previous owner and they removed the bluetooth module to stop the battery drain.

If the blue&me module fails and/or is removed, the mileage will flash to indicate that the module is missing or faulty.

Carrying out a proxi alignment should fix the flashing mileage, but you'll have to find another blue&me module if you want that to work again.

The money might be better spent buying an aftermarket head unit with the functionality that you want.

Failure of the blue&me module is commonly reported here; when this happens, it usually stays powered on and soon drains the battery. I suspect that this happened to a previous owner and they removed the bluetooth module to stop the battery drain.

If the blue&me module fails and/or is removed, the mileage will flash to indicate that the module is missing or faulty.

Carrying out a proxi alignment should fix the flashing mileage, but you'll have to find another blue&me module if you want that to work again.

The money might be better spent buying an aftermarket head unit with the functionality that you want.
Thank you so much! I guess the dealer has some explaining to do… This bothers me because if I knew that the whole bluetooth module was missing I would have lowered the price… not to mention the fact that he lied by saying that the bluetooth was working… I’ll try to get it fitted by the dealer.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Looks like a 319 interior this section of the forum is for the 169

I start by stating from the start, I know nothing about the 319

But I suspect that your photo isn't of a blue&me connector with only 4 pins

I would expect something more like this one

images.jpeg

Quite a few different factory options have been fitted here in the past,

But off course not knowing the car I could be totally wrong

Looks like a 319 interior this section of the forum is for the 169

I start by stating from the start, I know nothing about the 319

But I suspect that your photo isn't of a blue&me connector with only 4 pins

I would expect something more like this one

View attachment 444870

Quite a few different factory options have been fitted here in the past,

But off course not knowing the car I could be totally wrong
Hi, there are two connector loose under the seat, the orange one and the blue one (same shape and colour as the picture), I forgot to take a picture before putting the cover back on. Now I know that the Blue & Me module is completely missing, I was wondering if the other connector I found loose should be connected to something.

Back