Technical 1981 Fiat Spyder Ignition switch

Currently reading:
Technical 1981 Fiat Spyder Ignition switch

Larry Keck

I just bought a 1981 with a new ignition switch in , and needless to say its a mess. most of the connections were not solid..
Im trying to figure how to connect the old wires to the new switch. i think i have most but i think an extra pink wire?
but not sure where it goes.. I love Italians wiring lol can anyone help. below is the mess i removed..

Attachments

• IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
I just bought a 1981 with a new ignition switch in , and needless to say its a mess. most of the connections were not solid..
Im trying to figure how to connect the old wires to the new switch. i think i have most but i think an extra pink wire?
but not sure where it goes.. I love Italians wiring lol can anyone help. below is the mess i removed..
yes the car does not run lol im going thru the whole wiring now..

Is the extra pink wire associated with the parking lights. On older Fiats the ignition switch has four positions. PARK, OFF, IGN ON, START

To get to the Park lights position one normally has to depress a little botton on the key barrel surround and then turn anti-clockwise and then remove the key.

Back