Whats made you Smile today

Currently reading:
Whats made you Smile today

I think Boris is brilliant, he has political power, yet you wouldn't flinch if he pulled up a seat next to you in the bar. His passion for GB was evident to see when he was mayor of London. Yes he has had a few wee gaffs here and there but let's be honest, he is a human being...

Big thumbs up from me

Could be great for the Foreign office, He's not as daft as he looks (would be difficult) and easy to underestimate for overseas negotiations. I can almost see the scenes now..
" and you say he fell off the chair? and drank the what??? Oh what were they thinking sending this flappy haired buffoon!!!
Hang on, you promised him WHAT?"

Here's my dilema...I kinda like Boris as a character.

But in the same way, when I was a kid, I liked the Honey Monster from Sugar puffs. You know, he's a character. Would I want the HM running a cabinet office? Not sure I would.

The reaction from around the world is rather telling!

I don't think Boris' intelligence is quite the "secret" weapon everyone believes/hopes as it's fairly well known he can be an astute politician when he wants to. As a means of deflection perhaps but probably more towards the world stage than the political deals going on behind the scenes.

For me he's too unpredictable for something as serious as the foreign office. And with the current political climate he's too much of a gamble. I'm still trying to work out why he's got that job tbh

An

Stuart said:
Holidays?... what are they?

I can't remember to be honest as it's so long since I had anything other than the odd long weekend off. Will report back in a few days time :cool:

Still haven't quite got into the mindset that I'm not going in to work tomorrow although no car on the driveway tonight may convince me. The garage bill tomorrow night might convince me to find a second job in my time off though :lol:

None :D

It wasn't really proper-build flat-pack furniture though, more a sort of sort of slot it together type thing. Although I did gain a fetching pair of gloves that were mysteriously included in the box.

Unless they were included to stop hapless folks like me from cutting themselves :idea:

:lol: :lol:

Harper said:
Don't mention fences please. Painting the back and side fence is the on my list of things to be done this holiday and I'm not looking forward to it :cry: :cry: :cry:
Look on the bright side, get that done & give the car a polish and you'll be a kick ass karate expert ;)

firstcar-Y10 said:
Harper said:
Don't mention fences please. Painting the back and side fence is the on my list of things to be done this holiday and I'm not looking forward to it :cry: :cry: :cry:
Look on the bright side, get that done & give the car a polish and you'll be a kick ass karate expert ;)

I think that's a reference to something but not sure what :conf: But can I use the excuse of not wanting to be a kick ass karate expert to avoid painting the fences and polishing the car :?: :cool:

Back