What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Seven miles on the bicycle yesterday and almost no limp this morning. Heading in the right direction with the ankle. Mrs.Cheest's final radiation treatment is this morning and she is showing to be free of the Big C. Also the right direction.

1000012985.jpg

This one will never be allowed to borrow my car...the cackling gale of laughter as he crashed into a tree on purpose was a nice moment.

The 'new' panda is settleding in and I am so glad it seems to be 99% spot on. No rattles or squeaks and a nice smooth drive so I relieve myself of rebuilding Daffo! The cambelt and water pump was done for sale and its also had a basic service so we should be good for a year apart from the slack hand brake. The foot brake has a very good pedal with little free pedal travel, so Im suspecting its the cables that need fettling. Oneto look at ona sunny afternoon .At just 17K on the clock it drives pretty well like new the tyres are all getting a bit old and should probably be changed in the next couple of years but they have no indications of any kerbing or defects, and no cracking. The worst one has over 6mm of tread so this car has not beeen thrown about. I now need to find out if it has the hangers for the standard Panda back silencer or if I need to research where to get its enormous front mounted sliencer. Actually that is clearly a stainless body, but the short front centre section is looking quite scabby, so I need to be prepared.
Its suprised me how much improvement there was between the 14 model we already have and this 2016 one which comes with hill holder, ESP and traction control. Just as well I know about the duck bills bearing in mind the rain today. While the car and underbonnet have been superbly cleaned and teated, the duckbills have obviously never been cleaned before.

Now Im working hard to get my other daughter to buy the other 17K Panda locally. That is a lounge and even more felt like a new car, but is a 2013. Its now clear that the pre 17 cars are holding price better than the newer one with much higher road tax.

Back