Technical What has gone wrong with your Tipo?

Currently reading:
Technical What has gone wrong with your Tipo?

1. DAB aerial base suffered water ingress - replaced under warranty at 12 months.

2. Rear washer pipe came off - re-attached under warranty around 18 months and out of warranty at around 4 years.

3. Battery failed - replaced under warranty at 2 years.

4. Lacquer peel on Alloys - refurbed at 4 years - Fiat refused to help so I paid as they looked awful.

5. Crank position sensor connector corroded - replaced out of warranty at 5.5 years.

Other than that it's just had a service each year, cambelt/water pump at 5 years and front discs & pads at 4 years.

My 1.0 Tipo, 2021 didn't have any problems that i didn't cose.
Last year around Christmas a lady in a golf took my right of way, result was 6000€ of damage. And now the problems start. I took the car to the license fiat service and diler. The car was there for 3 months.... and when it was done, two weeks after i collected the car, the paint started to peel of.
IMG20240409155220.jpg

Of course, i took it back, now it is done, and it is lik a child painted it.
I can se where the old paint stops and the new paint starts. The new paint is not smooth but has lots of small dents, it looks like a golf ball!

My 2017 Tipo Hatch has had a few problem since I got it in 2019. Mind you it was a rental car (I was unaware of it unfortunately):

1) Flywheel rattle. Replaced by Fiat under warranty as well as free clutch replacement.

5) Have now got a clunk when turning the steering wheel at low speeds/parking. Not sure what the fault it exactly.

I also have a knock coming from the rear which I have no idea what it is.

From general FIAT ownershio

I summise that

1; luck of the draw, and some clutches just don't "bed-in" correctly, and will judder

5: the bearings at the top of front suspension go notchy, and when you turn it twists the spring (moving at bottom, but not top) it will then flick around on the top bearing with a thud.. Or "Boing"
Bearings are only lightly oiled.. Ok for a Mediterranean climate

Not enough for a damp UK one 😕

What have you discovered since?

Back