Tuning tuning a multipla

Currently reading:
Tuning tuning a multipla

allbluedave

hi guys. while on ebay i came across these tuning boxes for diesel multiplas....... are they safe to use or will they break something over time? cheers guys :)

If its a cheap 20 quid box save ur money it's properly just the old penny trick that tricks the ecu a few times then never works again people that have tuned there multipla always come back with needing a new clutch so that's one thing to bear in mind

it was just shy of 80 quid reduced from £150 quid. penny trick? aint heard of that before :/ i was more intrested in the better mpg side of things by fitting one.

I'll let some one else tell u about the penny trick I just no it's no good for ur car list a item number ill have a look at chip

cheers pete this is the ebay number. the site wont let me put up a link 170929202945

Not bad anything is worth ago the other bloke has a point new lump does the trick heard the16v runs better than the 20v and is Easyer to fit

Yeah that's a ok common rail just plug and set not a bad price either good luck it's been a pleasure to help

cheers pete ur a star. :) seen that multipla with the 20v turbo engine on on u tube. sounds and looks amazing. id love to fit sumit like that in a multipla but wiring would be a problem id of thought? then theres ecu/clutch differences

I bought the same (BlueSpark) CR Tech 1 tuning box, from the same seller, in May this year. I checked at the time and he is authorised to sell them.

I keep a complete record of mileage and fuel fill-ups, and my mpg has improved by about 2mpg since fitting the box. The increased power is very noticeable, but I have tried to keep the same driving style as before, only occasionally putting my foot down.

I calculate that the box will have paid for itself after about a year.

So far, I have not seen any mechanical problems, but I had a new clutch and DMF in 2010, about 26000 miles ago.

I don't regret buying/fitting it.

cheers chr1s :) thanks for the info. i was kind of hoping that the mpg was a little more than that with one fitted but i guess more get up n go would be nice too :) heard that they hammer the clutch though. as you say as long as u dont hammer it the clutch should last :)

We put a probitz on off ebay on our 115 multi. Cost £80 and it improved the power delivery no end.
Plenty more grunt although I didn't track the economy while it was on.
Unfortunately the car at 70,000 miles was on its original clutch and while on holiday over on the east coast of yorkshire we started getting clutch slip on the hills.
Removing the box stopped the clutch slip but was a sign that the clutch was getting weak so the car was sold on..
I would recommend one as when you are done with it you can put it back on ebay and get some cash back.
Hope it goes well for you.

seen that multipla with the 20v turbo engine on on u tube. sounds and looks amazing. id love to fit sumit like that in a multipla but wiring would be a problem id of thought? then theres ecu/clutch differences

The Poles usually find a way of doing these things pretty economically.

My guess is that it uses Coupe engine, gearbox and ECU. I think there's some sort of meeting ground between the two in the Stilo (and the 2.4 Stilo lump is said to be a good source of increased capacity for the 20v 2 litre turbo mill).

On the one ur gonna buy it has 2 settings one for touqe and bhp and one for fuel and torque so u will get more than 2 mpg

cheers for the replys guys think i will invest in one of those tuning chips while they are on offer.its a shame u cant plonk the gear box in from the stilo as im sure they are six speed.? anyone know if its possible?

Last edited:
On the one ur gonna buy it has 2 settings one for touqe and bhp and one for fuel and torque so u will get more than 2 mpg

I know the ebay add shows a switch to select between two maps, but I think this is only on the CR Tech 2. They may have used the photo for the CR Tech 2. As I remember, my CR Tech 1 just has the trimmer setting to bias the box towards power or economy.
I have left this on the factory setting, so it should be possible to adjust it for better economy.

I would recommend one as when you are done with it you can put it back on ebay and get some cash back.

Alternatively, BlueSpark offer to re-program it for your next car (and change the harness, if necessary).

Edit: Be prepared for some hand scraping when fitting the box. The connector is not very accessible, making it awkward to get the locking clip undone.

Last edited:
Back