Styling tipo roof spoilers

Currently reading:
Styling tipo roof spoilers

tipo4life

hi

i was wondering was there ever a factory tipo roof spoiler? a guy on some other forum told me there were 2 kinds of original tipo roof spoilers, but no one seems to have a pic of any of those... which of these is (are) original? if any...

Attachments

• 37906_Picture02_025_122_926lo.jpg
    37906_Picture02_025_122_926lo.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 155
  • un1.jpg
    un1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 143
  • un2.jpg
    un2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 124
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 100
AS far as I can remember there were 2 types. A hard plastic one which was an owners fit or a more substantial but flexable one that could be ordered with the car. The latter was the nicer but its flexable nature meant that painting it could be aproblem Years ago a pal of mine had a black 5 door like mine and apert from reg the only thing that told us apart was his black unpainted "rubber" roof spoiler.

MIKE

thanx guys

AS far as I can remember there were 2 types. A hard plastic one which was an owners fit or a more substantial but flexable one that could be ordered with the car. The latter was the nicer but its flexable nature meant that painting it could be aproblem Years ago a pal of mine had a black 5 door like mine and apert from reg the only thing that told us apart was his black unpainted "rubber" roof spoiler.

MIKE

do u have any pics of it?

btw i have the one similar to that white wheeled tipo, but i dont think its original

Last edited:
hmm, dunno... i'll take a look tomorrow... its in my basement waiting for better days

i had a rubber one on my old 1.4 though threw it out. it wasn't nice lol. the shape of the tipo does lend itself nicely to the spoiler like sediciRich has just shown but the rubber one i had was terrible, wasn't really flush with roof line, will try and find pics if you want to see how bad they are if you choose the wrong one lol.

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32543&d=1189358926

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32550&d=1189358989

looked ok from a distance. but hmmmmm

miss J165 VTH, the 1.4 though underpowered for the tipo was a great engine my 'mods' were rubbish apart from tempra alloys, the spotlights were for a practical reason mainly but they were attached to the grill and moved about so pointed up when you accelerate and down when you braked lol.

Last edited:
that doesn't look to far out - is yours hard plastic or flexABLE?
hard plastic

btw i just realized that i mine is exactly the same as that spoiler on the black tipo, and on the one that has hf rear wheels... apart from the 3rd brakelight... here r the pics... u also get to see my skinny legs on that birds eye view pic, lol

it's made by ms-design, as u can see, so it's not the original ;(

Attachments

• Fotografija 0291.jpg
    Fotografija 0291.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Fotografija 0295.jpg
    Fotografija 0295.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 62
  • Fotografija 0296.jpg
    Fotografija 0296.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 76
i had a rubber one on my old 1.4 though threw it out. it wasn't nice lol. the shape of the tipo does lend itself nicely to the spoiler like sediciRich has just shown but the rubber one i had was terrible, wasn't really flush with roof line, will try and find pics if you want to see how bad they are if you choose the wrong one lol.

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32543&d=1189358926

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32550&d=1189358989

looked ok from a distance. but hmmmmm

miss J165 VTH, the 1.4 though underpowered for the tipo was a great engine my 'mods' were rubbish apart from tempra alloys, the spotlights were for a practical reason mainly but they were attached to the grill and moved about so pointed up when you accelerate and down when you braked lol.

yes, it does look a bit strange even from far away, but i think it's because it's black... btw i just love that color on tipo... the best color for them, imho...

the one that sedicirich has looks the best to me because it doesnt have any space between the spoiler and the body... it really looks great. there is a company in croatia that makes spoilers, sideskirts and stuff like that, and i just found one similar to sedicirich's... it costs about 50€... maybe i'll buy one... but i want the original one, and still dont know how it looks like lol. here's a pic...

Attachments

• FI04e-krovni-spoj.manji.jpg
    FI04e-krovni-spoj.manji.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 63
I think this is original (abarth) made by Pfeba

I have one but it need tu be repaintet, it'a made from soft ruber

sory can't link it

Last edited:
no, this isn't the abarth spoiler, it's from juris (croatian styling shop)

vidim da si iz hrv, jesi na fiatistima? zašto nemožeš pokazat sliku spojlera?

abarth look the same

ne mogu staviti link jer moram imati 5 postaova
btw na fiatistima sam mod i tamo ima slična tema (y)

I don't remember if the spoiler was marked with anything, but certainly the factory fit spoiler on my Marea was a Zender part made for Fiat. The bodyshop had a lot of trouble fitting the spoiler as they couldn't paint the spoiler off the car without it cracking when they moved it. The final finish has a couple of cracks, but they're not noticable except from up close while looking for them.

Clicky for bigger image of the Tipo spoiler.

Last edited:
Back