Project Cav

Currently reading:
Project Cav

Status
Not open for further replies.
No probs.

Just one thing (and I know you've already done this with no problem in the past) but if the kids are with you keep them in the van/touran when picking up the clicker. Yeah I know they're unlikely to feel the need to stretch their legs in the few seconds it takes you to pick up the clicker but I mentioned to Kevin you may have them with you over the holidays and he asked that you kept it discrete so that questions aren't raised. The clicker we use is an extra one the workshop don't know about and as we don't pay for the privilege the less questions raised the better so they can't reclaim it :)

Forgot to add don't forget to post pictures and a rough description of work done. If I'm gonna provide you with a shed the least you can do is educate me :laugh:

Come roon t the shed mair often... ye kin weld a bit... will that dee?? Lol

HELP!!!!

Theres a certain 300+bhp polo come up for sale cheap... very cheap (to me anyway).... do I chop in the cav and buy the polo or let it go and continue with the cav?..

Continue with the Cav.

Remember when it's built, it's "yours", your work makes it what it is. You'll get more long term satisfaction.

You'll probably get an instant buzz with the polo then end up missing the cav and wishing you'd kept that when that buzz wears off, plus you can't really regret or miss something you don't already have ;)

*sigh* ive lost the rear calipers I bought for the cav... im really hoping ive taken them to fs hq and hidden them somewhere.. ffs... I was hoping to have all the brakes done this trip home.

Fronts will be completed on Wednesday with a bit of luck, and hopefully the rears will be there ready to fit too..

Hopefully up to 210ish initially and rising to 250, these engines max out at about 250 as the money required to take them further is stupid... looking at a saab turbo lump for the next transplant

yeah disks are on the wrong side :) well i got told they are , the bottom of the vent supposed to hit the pad first , then it allows gases to escape out , the way you have it , centerfugal forces will force it to the inside .

or some thing allong those lines

Apart from one mount that needs fabricated, its bolt in and wire up, but will be running standalone too so not a lot of wires to deal with.

Yrah 350-400 is available quite cheaply apparently

jatkinson said:
yeah disks are on the wrong side :) well i got told they are , the bottom of the vent supposed to hit the pad first , then it allows gases to escape out , the way you have it , centerfugal forces will force it to the inside .

or some thing allong those lines

Yeah, was swapped to correct side after the pic was taken

Just priced backplates for the rear brakes.... over a ton each..... I need to lie down....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back