Please look out for any bugs that crept in!

Currently reading:
Please look out for any bugs that crept in!

The reason the attached gif doesn't animate is because the forum software creates a thumbnail of it (which is not animated). If you click it to open the full image it is animated.

As for the file size - that's never come up, most people don't post animated gifs, certainly not half a meg in size. Back in the day, that would have seriously slowed borwsers down. Admittedly it's not such a problem now, but that's why it was set originally.

First off, don't be such a dick, you could've asked nicely for Ben to have a look at the file size limits on Attachments but instead you chose to be aggressive and pushy, thankfully I don't admin this forum - simply moderate a couple of sections - if I did, I'd ignore you're request out of spite.

This appears to be a reoccurring theme across the forum, incredibly obnoxious without any apparent reason

I agree with the sentiment, but am afflicted by things that make computers highly stressful and can also identify with not being able to get the thing to do what "I" want and sometimes the stress boils over.

In my case its my own stupidity that is usually the case and I have to ask someone younger to help which thankfully usually restores my equilibrium.

I hope I don't perpetrate the same attitudes and apologise to everyone I affect in both advance and arreas!

PS Bens a bloody good man and doesn't deserve to be abused. Remember this is a club environment and we dont't have a "them" behind the scenes, just our own man who is - so they tell me- human!!!

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment, but am afflicted by things that make computers highly stressful and can also identify with not being able to get the thing to do what "I" want

In my case its my own stupidity that is usually the case and I have to ask someone younger to help which thankfully usually restores my equilibrium.

PS Bens a bloody good man and doesn't deserve to be abused. Remember this is a club environment and we dont't have a "them" behind the scenes, just our own man who is - so they tell me- human!!!

I've never had any official computer training just stumbled about on my own. Decided to try one of those "golden oldie" computer classes being run at our church hall a few years ago.

Surprisingly I was not struck down by a thunderbolt as I crossed the threshold and had a lovely time with a small group of very nice people. I was really very surprised to find I was so far ahead of what the group were doing that I ended up being a "helper" for the rest of the session. I returned a number of times but never got near anything which challenged my horizons. So I'm still stumbling around, making the most awful mistakes but usually getting more or less "there" at the end of the day. One of the biggest worries I have is security. I run Avira free with defender in the background and do a whole machine scan about twice a month. I don't download anything I'm even slightly unsure about in an email but I do enjoy watching various you tube clips. Been thinking lately I should also entertain Malwarebytes? Avira, no doubt because I run the free version, keep offering me special deals on their Pro version - opinions anyone?

My 6 (or is she now 7?) year old granddaughter wanted to look at Fairies on my laptop the other day - There is an Australian TV series called "The Fairies" with which she is currently obsessed - But, oh dear, Silly old Grandad couldn't find it! She took over my laptop and had it up and running in about a minute!

Fully endorse your comments regarding Ben and would like to add my thanks for what he does. I've only been posting for a year or so now but I was a "lurker" for quite a bit before that and it's obvious we owe him a big vote of thanks.

Fully endorse your comments regarding Ben and would like to add my thanks for what he does. I've only been posting for a year or so now but I was a "lurker" for quite a bit before that and it's obvious we owe him a big vote of thanks.

If you ever happen to look at the Donations page, bear in mind that the forum has been going since 2003, that total donations works out to about £1,300 per year, which for a forum of this size is nowhere near enough to keep it running, so the rest comes directly out of Ben's own pocket. 220,000 members wouldn't like a slow running forum, there's 150GB of pictures and videos in the Gallery and about double that been added as Attachments. It all adds up.

so the rest comes directly out of Ben's own pocket. 220,000 members wouldn't like a slow running forum, there's 150GB of pictures and videos in the Gallery and about double that been added as Attachments. It all adds up.

I hope you'll all pardon my naivety but I really had no idea how this all works. (you'll know from some of my previous posts how ignorant I am of a lot of "computery" stuff). I like seeing posts which include images and, as you'll have noticed, I like to make things clear by posting illustrative images myself. Now that I understand (I think?) how this works and that there is cost involved to the forum, and especially Ben, I will be much more frugal with how many images I post in future. Feeling a little bit selfish and guilty now, might ease my conscience by making another contribution to funds.

Last edited:
Can I add that technical pictures pictures are more interesting than cosmetics ones (at least it's my opinion) ? Not realy fan or impressed by the last Kevin or Jean-Claude's can sprayed "Audi look" front bumper, but do accept them without problem and will never want them banned from the forum...
So Yes "old man" please do continue in providing us good moments of reading, you're one the realy contributors to this forum, whose compared to some others is still very alive !!

Cheers, Bernie

Feeling a little bit selfish and guilty now,

Don't stop Jock. Looking, (which I have just done) at your toe-in advice alone has been very useful to me. There's obviously a whole world of illustrated postings yoiu have made on car models which I haven't previously subscribed to which will provide me with hours of interesting reading in the future. :worship:(y)

Not sure if something is wrong with my mac, or with the forum: when checking the forum without being logged in a lot of text links to various advertisement sites. Once logged on I don't see the links anymore.

Using latest version Mac OSX, Safari as browser. Same issue in Firefox.
For example, on this post: https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/477293-all-season-tyres.html every mention of a tyre brand links to some online tyre shop.

Not sure if something is wrong with my mac, or with the forum: when checking the forum without being logged in a lot of text links to various advertisement sites. Once logged on I don't see the links anymore.

Using latest version Mac OSX, Safari as browser. Same issue in Firefox.
For example, on this post: https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/477293-all-season-tyres.html every mention of a tyre brand links to some online tyre shop.

I think I raised this with Ben before. When you hover over the links are they "viglink" URLs?

Indeed, starting with i.viglink.com/key= etc.
A little extra cash generator for the hosting company it seems: it is not a scam, but an "outbound-traffic monetization service for publishers, forums, and bloggers".

See the viglink wiki page for info; it was apparently integrated with vbulletin in 2012.

Back