Panda 2012+ Panda 4x4 2014 Multijet timing cover

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Panda 4x4 2014 Multijet timing cover

It would be nice if you could list any problem areas after you have finished this job. I have a 2014 Multijet and this is next on my list after I have done the propshaft. I have all the parts so am ready to go but any gnarly areas you encounter it would be great to know about.
Just quickly I can say, challenging moments so far,
Exhaust section under the sump, removal is difficult, I ended up pulling the centre section rearwards on the rubbers with a small ratchet strap, If rusted into downpipe and centre section I would consider cutting in half and removing then weld together to replace or just buy a new one.

Block to gearbox bracket, one fixing is directly above the 4 wheel drive unit, I tried about 10 small 13mm sockets before I found a wera 1/4 drive on Amazon that would fit. I tried an open end crows foot but it started to round the head. The flare nut crows foot might also have worked but bolt was out by the time it arrived.
Wera 8790 FA Zyklop Shallow Socket (for Zyklop Mini 2 Ratchet) 1/4"drive x 13mm, 05003685001 https://amzn.eu/d/fRv9YD8
DAKCOS Crowfoot Spanner,3/8" Drive Flare Nut Spanner,13MM,Chrome Molybdenum Steel https://amzn.eu/d/5EING4I
Then the bracket will not come out before the sump, but they will come out together, heaven alone knows how they go back in place, I was going to practice before applying the silicon to the sump.

Draining coolant, remove intercooler pipe from intercooler and remove bottom hose . Nice video from Haynes helped.

Engine mount bracket is very tight to chassis leg, came out to the rear and down

Good luck, I will add as I think of things.

Thanks for the info, useful to know. Strangely enough, I was under the car today having a look for potential issues and I noticed that bracket bolt had the bolt on the transfer case directly underneath it. It’s right in the way! What a crap design…

Thanks for the info, useful to know. Strangely enough, I was under the car today having a look for potential issues and I noticed that bracket bolt had the bolt on the transfer case directly underneath it. It’s right in the way! What a crap design…
I did remove the bolt directly below it to get slightly better access but nothing I had fitted even my snap 1/4 drive shallow 13 mm was too long to fit, my 13mm offset ring fitted but would not turn in the limited space enough to crack it off. ..

Back