Technical Panda 169 shock absorber mounts

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 169 shock absorber mounts

Hello everyone. When I let go of the steering wheel in my vehicle. It tends to move slightly to the right.

I showed it to the technician for tire and balancing.

He said there was no problem. He controlled a digital machine by connecting it to the rims.

He then quickly released the car by lifting it 10-15 times with a pneumatic mechanism. (He checked the shock absorbers)

He said that the tires of the shock absorber mounts were quite worn out.

I haven't checked yet. But I think it might be worn out. It is possible that the vehicle was used in a hot climate by its previous owner.

What is your opinion on this issue? How important are shock absorber mounts? Can I change it myself? Do I need to get professional support?

Or are there any other parts for the wedges that need to be replaced when disassembled?

Pretty much anything made of rubber, yes I know not rubber, will deteriorate, and eventually need replacing

All will effect handling and steering

Here in the UK if the car is setup correctly it will pull slightly to the left due to the camber on the road, although it can be made to pull to the left or right by the calibration of the electric power steering

The most common ones are the suspension arm brushes, it normally the ones nearest rest of the car that go

Top mounts can effect the caster and the bearing can dry up and get gritty

Apart from the fact you will need a spring compressor they are easy to change, ignoring any corroded bolts

I just change parts as they wear out

I supplied the parts as "opar" brand. I will do it later.

Attachments

• IMG_20240506_210449.jpg
    IMG_20240506_210449.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20240506_210453.jpg
    IMG_20240506_210453.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240506_210500.jpg
    IMG_20240506_210500.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
Back