Offer 2 : Adrian Flux - up to 15% discount on your insurance policy!

Currently reading:
Offer 2 : Adrian Flux - up to 15% discount on your insurance policy!

Mind out for Admiral ringing to flog you courtesy car cover and being slightly aggressive if you don't take them up on it (from experience of having two of their call centre people ring me).

Flux are ok as long as you don't claim for having your car broken into. I did & my premiums at renewal time nearly doubled despite 4yrs protected NCB (SO GLAD I DID THAT LAST YR) & being 40. Basically i ended up paying for the repair myself in the increases had i known this i wouldn't have bothered.Surfice to say i took my business elsewhere & got £60 cheaper & £99 Sat Nav for joining.So beware what you claim for.

Last edited:
Flux are ok as long as you don't claim for having your car broken into. I did & my premiums at renewal time nearly doubled despite 4yrs protected NCB (SO GLAD I DID THAT LAST YR) & being 40. Basically i ended up paying for the repair myself in the increases had i known this i wouldn't have bothered.Surfice to say i took my business elsewhere & got £60 cheaper & £99 Sat Nav for joining.So beware what you claim for.

Any claim will normally lead to a increase in premiums ;)

Well I definatly won't be insuring through Adrian Flux after the quote I've recieved,a whole grand more than admiral.

Granted its my first car (1.2 punto 02 reg) but £2469 but a whole thousand more than admiral is stupid.

Well I definatly won't be insuring through Adrian Flux after the quote I've recieved,a whole grand more than admiral.

Granted its my first car (1.2 punto 02 reg) but £2469 but a whole thousand more than admiral is stupid.

Adrian Flux is more aimed at experienced older drivers and modified cars as well i believe. So going there for your first years insurance probably isn't a good idea

plus they wont be the only company to offer you higher quotes ;)

my experience with them has been very good only reason im not with them was because they wasn't the cheapest (£100 in it)

ill come back when I'm over 21 and hopefully they will be the most competitive

Adrian Flux is more aimed at experienced older drivers and modified cars as well i believe. So going there for your first years insurance probably isn't a good idea

plus they wont be the only company to offer you higher quotes ;)

Strange because my mate who has a Focus (unmodified) recommended them as they have been cheaper than anyone for the first two years of his license.

And funnily enough out of 6 quotes ive had AF were the most expensive , all the others were under £1.500.

Strange because my mate who has a Focus (unmodified) recommended them as they have been cheaper than anyone for the first two years of his license.

And funnily enough out of 6 quotes ive had AF were the most expensive , all the others were under £1.500.

its not strange at all

when did your mate first take out insurance with them?
2 years ago insurance was a lot cheaper then it is now

is his post code different to yours?
where you live has a big thing to do with it

then there is also the difference in cars etc the list goes on and on and on

just because one company is cheaper for one person doesn't mean it will be cheaper for everyone

My quote from AF was £10000, don't worry.

Any no I didn't add another 0!

Dom

Theyve always offered me **** quotes since 2009 i dont know why as my postcode is low risk..
Get a quote every year and there still stupidly expensive compared to others

They weren't too bad for me, £1,400. Seems a lot, but compared to getting quotes of £5,000+!

Shame they were double my best quote though.

Customer service is utterly shocking I've been with flux for 3 years and I'm utterly livid with so far the 2hours I've been on the phone, all I want to do is change my address and yet I'm getting nowhere. Especially with some jumped up advisor that can't explain anything, refuses to put me to a manager or to a complaints team!!!

Fuming!

Hi

If you would like to PM me your reference and contact number I can get this looked into for you.

Thanks

Dan

Ah, one of the benefits of being so old i.e. 65, our insurance with Saga is £160.00. and for my 44 year old Rover I pay £78.00. including breakdown. Some of these quotes make you react with utter disbelief.

Good grief, basic standalone breakdown cover would probably cost half of that alone.

In the region of £350 on a Panda 100HP for me, 29, low risk area but a mature student at the moment.

Waiting for the AF website to come up with a quote (for half an hour now) I decided to trawl this thread. There seems to be a lot of 'you couldn't quote me happy' followed by 'pm me your details...'

Surely if they want your custom, they would give you their best quote to begin with?

Back