Non-Italian new car :(

Currently reading:
Non-Italian new car :(

sounds good. Slammed, 20's crusin' waggon ? ;)

Can we book you for perth next year to toe us out of the car park? =]

an x3 can barely pull itself out of slippy stuff let alone anyone else

they are practical and aparently good to drive on road though. Certainly sounds like it fits your criterea, enjoy :)

yup its a good car but thats about it

and its ok i still have my wee toy lying around for the towing of snow if it comes to it :) if my dad ever gives it back :D and its had a great test for towing in the snow in the guise of a bmw 7 series up pitkerro road in the snow :D that road probably doesnt mean much to anyone apart from probably the local dundonians :D a nice wee ford explorer 4.0 v6 one of the better 4x4s ive driven

Now picking it up on Saturday morning, 10am. Was gutted to find out it has no tax and that's to pay for, although reclaiming the 5mths full months that's left on the pugs tax. Just hoping they put some bloody diesel in!

It's a bit pimp with the side steps, will have tinted windows cos don't think it does yet. Think it rolls on 17's, likely stay on them as don't intend on modding it in any way.

Not likely to see much off roading, might try one day but not as gay as the JC vid Andi posted

Will add some pic's on sat, was swiftly taken off the website so couldn't link it or save the pictures.

there great cars to drive on the road :) hope your happy with it they certainly look the part..

crap off road but thats because there technically not designed to be used off road.

I think JC's issues were more to do with ground clearance and tbh looking at the track he took it down, i doubt his beloved range rover would have made it either

Andi listen ~~ , with a heavy car with 4 wheels drive and 18" wheels. He will be one of the last to get stuck in snow ........ where our wee cento just be spinning non-stop ...

After being in perth, i wouldn't mind one of them! Good buy mate :)

Ming

aye. mate has one in liverpool. comfy as anything and a pleasure to drive on the roads.. which im sur eis the point in it lol. suppose you will use more snowfoam on it though due to its size :p

richard33dees said:
I think JC's issues were more to do with ground clearance and tbh looking at the track he took it down, i doubt his beloved range rover would have made it either

That and the fact that there wasn't any real way of getting traction to all 4 wheels, he ended up getting towed out by a tractor, as when he got stuck, they tryed to pull the X3 out with a Range Rover but couldn't.

End of the Day Rich, if it suits you & the Mrs, dont let me put you off, & I hope you enjoy it.

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the X3's looks but I guess it's a good practical alternative to BMW's saloon offerings. Best of luck with it Rich, shall be interested to see how you find the ownership experience :smile:

Clock34 said:
aye. mate has one in liverpool. comfy as anything and a pleasure to drive on the roads.. which im sur eis the point in it lol. suppose you will use more snowfoam on it though due to its size :p

ooh yes! Can't wait for spring to get some nice wax on it, bit too cold to spend a lot of time polishing it up atm

muppet42 said:
I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the X3's looks but I guess it's a good practical alternative to BMW's saloon offerings. Best of luck with it Rich, shall be interested to see how you find the ownership experience :smile:

tbh av never been that struck on them, not top of the list by any means, till monday night it'd never been considered. I think as it's a very well equipped model at the right price is certainly helping.

164miles done today, very happy with the X. Drove over to Newcastle and Ashington playing with the toys, Gill had the manual out trying to work out some of the buttons. Having used over 5litres of screen wash and sitting in Hexham for 30mins, it returned a very respectable 36-37mpg. Up until we stopped, it had been showing 42mpg so hopefully it won't be so bad.

Looking at the other similar X3 2.0L SE models on the market, ours has many of the optional extra's which aren't on the others. It's got electric everything, but the biggest one that sticks out is the electric heated steering wheel, ah mean WTF is that all about! Although it is very nice at -7 on way home.

Didn't get a pict today as it was all very rushed, al get a pict tomorrow although you'll have to forgive the filth from today's jollies

Back