General Newly acquired

Currently reading:
General Newly acquired

trulyh8ful01

I just acquired a 1973 fiat and know absolutely nothing about these( it was my late brother in laws). I am trying to figure what the heck I actually have. What model etc..
Vin# 100GBS10129619. Any help on this would be great as I want to start the process of finding parts and trying to resurrect this thing from its grave
IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0561.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg

My condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law.

It is definitely a later model 850 Sport Spider. Based on the front bumper, headlights and the emissions-related connections off of the exhaust header and carburetor, I would peg it as a '72 or '73. Although the pictures are rough (but not unexpected with long-term storage), if the body is still solid it could be brought back. How are the floorboards and the front trunk and battery tray?

My condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law.

It is definitely a later model 850 Sport Spider. Based on the front bumper, headlights and the emissions-related connections off of the exhaust header and carburetor, I would peg it as a '72 or '73. Although the pictures are rough (but not unexpected with long-term storage), if the body is still solid it could be brought back. How are the floorboards and the front trunk and battery tray?
I’ll be looking in the front trunk after I get it dug out, the body panels and floorboards all appear to be in good shape with no signs of too much rot

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Based on your chassis number. You have a series 3 850 spyder, its actually about 80 numbers after my April 1973 series 3 car. You do however have an engine casting from a coupe unless the engine number on the end of the engine has a stamped number starting with 100GBS.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Based on your chassis number. You have a series 3 850 spyder, its actually about 80 numbers after my April 1973 series 3 car. You do however have an engine casting from a coupe unless the engine number on the end of the engine has a stamped number starting with 100GBS.

Hope this helps.

Tim
IMG_0611.jpeg

I was able to get back to looking the car over again today and that’s what I came up with

Back