Technical Need Croma Wiring Diagrams

Currently reading:
Technical Need Croma Wiring Diagrams

Hi all,
Just to let you know that, at last, the Croma issue has been solved…So much trouble trying to find the cause!

The work that has been done…..

Carry out extensive checking and testing for poor starting
and running. Locate engine control unit and plug in
breakout box to enable oscilloscope work.. study harness
data and rectify incorrect wiring population. Remove starter
motor due to disintegration of components locking engine.
Install new starter supplied. Carry out installation of rail
pressure gauges and check and test fuel components.
Rectify by installing new fuel pump with housing and new
pipe work as required.

Below is a revised full description of the symptoms, so that anyone with this unfortunate problem may be able to pinpoint it straight away…..

The issue is that the engine lacks any real power. At the best of times, the engine gives out less than half of what it is capable of producing. In the worst case, the car struggles to travel along, even on a level road, let alone any incline and takes time to gather any momentum. On start-up, the engine sounds very weak; choked up, as if the intake of air/fuel is lacking. It no longer sounds deep and ‘throaty’ like it should, when on idle. Also, the throttle does not seem as responsive as it once used to be…. If you ‘blip’ the accelerator (FIAT engines love to be revved by the way…), the engine does not like it at all. When revved a bit, the throttle also tends to stick at about 2000 rpm for a few seconds, before dropping back down to idle. The car also stutters/kangaroo jumps at times; lasting for a few seconds, before settling down once again. Under load, the engine just struggles to gain high revs; almost impossible to achieve slightly higher than 3000rpm.

In the worst case scenario, the engine starts to get more and more choked up, as if it is severely starved of air before stalling. Two different methods have been tried here when this happens (pumping and not pumping the throttle) but nothing works; the engine always stalls. (Incidentally, this tends to happen only when the engine reaches ‘working temperature’….). There is absolutely no point in trying to start the engine because it will either start up for a few seconds and then stall again or not start at all; persevering will just end up wrecking the starter motor! The best thing to do is to let the engine cool down for a few minutes. Opening the bonnet helps dissipate the heat faster, so as to help it to restart; some kind of heat-related problem seems to be happening here…..

Our Croma is a happy bunny once again!

Thanks for your support
Hi Davren,
I hope that you can help me out, once again…..

I am after:

Gas struts for the tailgate (mechanic tried sourcing them using the product codes printed on the strut body but had no luck….)

Securing clip for the bumper end – front, driver’s side

Silver trim for the bumper/windscreen

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

These scans from the Croma 154 Micro-Fiche show part numbers. Highly unlikely that anything would be available though.

Attachments

• Page 219.jpg
    Page 219.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Page 221.jpg
    Page 221.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Page 228.jpg
    Page 228.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: ben
Hi Davren,
I hope that you can help me out, once again…..

I am after:

Gas struts for the tailgate (mechanic tried sourcing them using the product codes printed on the strut body but had no luck….)

Securing clip for the bumper end – front, driver’s side

Silver trim for the bumper/windscreen

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!
Hi,
Thanks for your quick response and effort in finding the part numbers. Not looking good but I will pass them on to our mechanic.

Always worth a go (a search) though….

Back