DSC01561.JPG

Grande Punto (Abarth) My Abarth Punto SS :D

Introduction

Picked it up just a few days ago - more pics to follow at the weekend (its too dark when I come out of work at the moment!)
these were taken with my cameraphone, so quality a bit poor until i get the time to get some actual proper photos done.
Also, anyone have any questions about the Abarth Punto, or the SS kit in general, feel free to ask.

:slayer:

DSC01561.JPG

P271108_08_50.JPG
Hmmm matt photoshop the abarth wheels on your motor.

No idea, but for some reason 305 mm sticks in my head...

must be the huge wheels then lol. t'was hoping they'd be 284mm :( lol would've been an easy upgrade for me teapot. just found the abarth webby details thingy yup 305mm at front and 264 at the rear, that's bigger rear discs than a coupe 20vt. so overall better braking power which means there's scope for more power:devil:

funny how the 0-60 time and even top speed are that great despite 180bhp! top speed is irrelevant as short gear ratios = fun but how many gear changes is it to 60? just into 3rd gear?

with the fancy kit is the turbo delivery much different? is it more lag or does it remain the same just more power than the equivalent standard t-jet engines?

must be the huge wheels then lol. t'was hoping they'd be 284mm :( lol would've been an easy upgrade for me teapot. just found the abarth webby details thingy yup 305mm at front and 264 at the rear, that's bigger rear discs than a coupe 20vt. so overall better braking power which means there's scope for more power:devil:

funny how the 0-60 time and even top speed are that great despite 180bhp! top speed is irrelevant as short gear ratios = fun but how many gear changes is it to 60? just into 3rd gear?

with the fancy kit is the turbo delivery much different? is it more lag or does it remain the same just more power than the equivalent standard t-jet engines?

Yea those 18's sure make everything else appear smaller! There is significant difference in the braking power compared to normal fiat front disks - you're right. I find that 7.5secs is quite easily achieveable, and you can do it in 3rd - 2nd redlines at around 52-55mph, but 3rd redlines at about 78mph.
If anything i'd say theres a slight bit more lag, but the abarth remap counters this reasonably well, if you hoon it from about 1500revs, the turbo will kick in at around 2,500. (Although i've not really been looking at the rev counter :slayer:)
Seat have an FR with 200hp that would struggle to keep up with it - in fact, you'd have to look at your honda civic type-r's and focus sts to beat that sort of time, and their engines are (in the st's case) nearly double.
I've just worked out you get around 129bhp per 1000cc in this car, which really is quite amazing.

yeah, it has to have one of the highest bhp/litre of any production car produced, never mind a sub-£20k "mainstream" type of car :)

a tipo sedici only manages a paultry 74bhp per 1000cc :( but it more than makes up for it(y) keep looking travel if needs be it' worth it(y):devil:

wonder how a tipo sedici would compare to an abarth GP that's what i'm thinking of though. 0-60 is 7.9 secs for a mk1 tipo, opposed to 7.5 for the GP SS. top speed 129mph vs 131? power 148 vs 180. 173Nm vs 272Nm! Weight is on the tipo side 1180 vs 1185:eek:. 5 speed vs 6 speed. Fully independent rear suspension vs torsion beam. Fiat 284mm brakes vs brembo 305mm! seems pretty one sided overall, but then noise.. no competition:slayer: though i haven't heard an abarth GP but i can't imagine it beating the fiat/lancia twincam:D

or in other words i'm pretty jealous and want a video with sound ;)

but then noise.. no competition:slayer: though i haven't heard an abarth GP but i can't imagine it beating the fiat/lancia twincam:D

or in other words i'm pretty jealous and want a video with sound ;)

Well the GP SS does give out quite a purr, but i think its far too resonant for any camcorder to pick it up! Even nailing it, it gives out quite a noise, better han any other 4-pot i've had before!
However, they don't make 'em like they used to...!!! :slayer:

Picked it up just a few days ago - more pics to follow at the weekend (its too dark when I come out of work at the moment!)
these were taken with my cameraphone, so quality a bit poor until i get the time to get some actual proper photos done.
Also, anyone have any questions about the Abarth Punto, or the SS kit in general, feel free to ask.

:slayer:

DSC01561.JPG

P271108_08_50.JPG
i just cummed

Back