Multiecuscan free or registered version ?

Currently reading:
Multiecuscan free or registered version ?

Hi Charlie,

The MES site just recommends a 1.5GHz processor, but does not advise on RAM capacity, but most new machines these days come with at least 1Gb.

I use an Acer netbook, as being smaller than a laptop is more manageable in the car. That has a 1.66Ghz processor and 1Mb RAM and works fine. The netbook runs slower than a laptop, so the battery lasts all day, whereas laptops use their battery faster.

Almost anything you buy today will probably exceed what I'm using, so no worries.
If you intend to use the machine for lots of other stuff at home, a laptop will be better. If your use would be mainly in the car or for occasional use for emails and the net, the netbook might be a good option.

Have a look at these guys. http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ It's where I got my netbook. Check the refurbished and sale sections. Careful with the specs, some appear cheap, but have Linux or Android operating systems instead of Windows.

If you'd like to see the netbook in action, PM me. Tomorrow afternoon is good for me, unless you are working.

Edit: I agree with Jon1612, Windows 7 will work fine and save money.

Last edited:
I use an Acer netbook, as being smaller than a laptop is more manageable in the car. That has a 1.66Ghz processor and 1Mb RAM and works fine. The netbook runs slower than a laptop, so the battery lasts all day, whereas laptops use their battery faster.
Careful with the specs, some appear cheap, but have Linux or Android operating systems instead of Windows.
Edit: I agree with Jon1612, Windows 7 will work fine and save money.

Yes i was going to say the same thing, i use a samsung netbook for MES as its smaller than my laptop (10" screen) and the battery lasts about 7 - 9 hours on a charge, they are a lot cheaper than a full laptop and most run windows xp / windows 7.
BUT be carefull some have ssd (solid state device) hard drives which are usualy up to 16gig but very expensive to upgrade get one with a proper hard drive they are usualy 120 gig - 320 gig. also do not get one that has windows ME / CE as is chopped down version of windows. DO NOT get Linux or Android as portland bill pointed out.

hope this helps

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back