Technical missing connection?

Currently reading:
Technical missing connection?

20240406_112020[1].jpg

Anyone know what this red light is for? Putting it all back together after welding, and it doesn't appear to have anywhere to plug into. I've got the console free and can see and feel behind it, but no socket for it to plug into. Maybe an alarm that mine wasn't fitted with? It does have a tag on it but nothing written on it. Thanks

Snap!
1712402426880.png

It's the alram LED, can't see where it goes to unfortunately. I dug into the service manual to see if it would help. I'd take the below with a pinch of salt as my (and your) wire colours don't match the diagram which has them as N and NZ (black and black/violet). The location diagram shows this as part 162:

1712402478619.png

It is shown as connecting to connector 181 in the wiring diagram
1712402560597.png

Connector 181 then looks like this:
1712402643509.png

So two wires to 162 (the LED) and one wire to component 105 which is the relay for the supplementary beams.

Maybe this helps, maybe it just confuses the matter more!

Same thing happened to me when reassembling the centre console a couple of weeks back. I found a thread here that stated that all barchettas got the red diode and wiring, but only the ones equipped with an alarm actually have something to plug in to. Thus I let the wire on mine dangle as did the OP of that thread.

Snap!
View attachment 442635
It's the alram LED, can't see where it goes to unfortunately. I dug into the service manual to see if it would help. I'd take the below with a pinch of salt as my (and your) wire colours don't match the diagram which has them as N and NZ (black and black/violet). The location diagram shows this as part 162:

View attachment 442636
It is shown as connecting to connector 181 in the wiring diagram
View attachment 442637
Connector 181 then looks like this:
View attachment 442638
So two wires to 162 (the LED) and one wire to component 105 which is the relay for the supplementary beams.

Maybe this helps, maybe it just confuses the matter more!
Thanks for the pic. The spring fell off and I couldn't work out how it went back on. 😍

Back