Hi from a sometimes happy 500c dualogic Twinair owner

Currently reading:
Hi from a sometimes happy 500c dualogic Twinair owner

Gurmot

Hi all.

We’ve owned our little monster for 3 years and haveca love/hate relationship. I’ve just signed up as we’ve now got the second problem with the transmission (clutch release bearing collapsed 18 months ago). This time it went in “N” when driving on the motorway in the rain.

After weeks of head scratching and phone calls to others (including Carl, the guy who rebuilds the robots) the latest thinking is it may be a snapped clutch fork so the gearbox is coming out for a look.

I will post another thread but I’m curious to hear from anyone with insight.

Cheers

Simon

Attachments

• A059B8CB-76E9-42A8-A122-C21FD4E2EA6F.jpeg
    A059B8CB-76E9-42A8-A122-C21FD4E2EA6F.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 17
I am thinking you have a dualogic automated manual gearbox.

The clutch fork/shaft is subjected to a lot of force and there are pictures of bent /fractured ones on the web.
Worth replacing when replacing clutch for peace of mind.

Is Carl in stoke on Trent? C d motors?
Yes. He was very helpful and offered to speak with my mechanic who replaced the clutch last year. The mech pulled the fault codes then spoke with Carl who has suggested it may be a bent or broken clutch fork based on his experience. The gb is being removed in a few days time and then we will (hopefully) know.

I am thinking you have a dualogic automated manual gearbox.

The clutch fork/shaft is subjected to a lot of force and there are pictures of bent /fractured ones on the web.
Worth replacing when replacing clutch for peace of mind.
Yes, I should have said, 500c Twinair Dualogic 2014 with 56k miles.

Back