FiaSco - The FS Project Car

Currently reading:
FiaSco - The FS Project Car

You're right - and if you look back a page or two there is already a thread for yellow (which we'll update soon!)

HOWEVER up until this point the two cars have been so closely linked that it's been impossible really to seperate the posts without duplicating whats being said.

I think once Yellow is complete we'll return to two split posts, but we'll see how this pans out!

As I said the other night mate, nice spy!

This weekend will be a lay weekend from the projects. Maybe sneak a look at possible issues on Friday/Saturday night as we need to load up the van with spares for selling on Sunday. Next weekend though we're hoping to make a big push towards MOT. Anyone free for that?

Rightio, we've had a wee break and are refreshed and raring to go. This weekend we need to try and get yellow 100% for MOT.

From memory still the following to do:

Swap Rear Shocks
Swap Rear Brakes
Fit front bumper (need a shot of a drill to remove snapped bolts)

Possible issues still to fix

CV Boot
ARB Bushes

The shocks and brakes have already been robbed from FiaSco, so it *should* just be a case of taking the parts off of yellow and re-fitting.

If anyone can make it along to help, please let me know asap. Depending on how many people we're signing in, we can split into two groups and tackle various jobs simultaneously.

Cheers,
Martyn

If you've looked over on facebook recently you'll see that it's looking like only Martyn and I will be heading out to work on this today. Hopefully we'll be joined by Mal later on but that's not certain.

The question is how much can we actually do and are we likely to do more damage than good...

just to add to the equation I believe we have a battery-powered drill for removing those stubborn bolts.

This could be a very interesting day :laugh:

So, I've just updated the yellow thread. Not a lot to report today, but Fiasco...what a difference a day makes!!!

Up front, a wee bit more of the engine has been stripped, including the bonnet.

Fiasco_Front.jpg

The ECU, Battery and ht leads are all already gone. Then I remembered the important stuff - removing the last of the internal wiring from the rear of the car, so that we can crack on with cutting/welding and removing more foam.

Fiasco_Rear_slam.jpg

As with every other bodge, it turns out that the boot release cable is still in place - and still attached to the rear release mechanism. Needless to say that it's now entirely reduntant and now halfway out. I'll need to cut the retaining clamp though, which is another job for another day.

Fiasco_Interior_-_from_rear.jpg

Fiasco_-_Rear_Rust.jpg

Now time for the bad news of the day - yet more rust. What I can only assume is a rear earthing point?? dissintegrated when I tried to tap on a socket to remove a stubborn bolt. Oops. A similar result along the interior floor near the sill. I didn't take a picture of that particular disaster, sadly.

With a loan of my cousin Ross's drill, and some sanding attachments, we've made a start on rubbing down some of the panels. Again, the state of play with rust means that we'll probably end up having to replace the wings anyway, and maybe the doors too, but for now we'll prep them to see what the state of play is.

There is a potential shed to put FiaSco in during November to do the cutting and welding, but thats still tbc and dependant on us having access to a generator and being able to move the rolling shell a little further up the A96. Next week will mostly be a case of finishing up yellow which MAY require a few last parts to be robbed from FiaSco.

A quick picture from me.

We tried chemical means to remove the sodding foam but it didn't work therefore diligence and a chisel/file was going to be the only way. Progress was made however and we now have daylight peaking through the boot section :rollseyes:

cars_cars_cars_026.jpg

I've got a nasty feeling that if you undind the inner boot latch, you'll be able to kick the whole back section clean off....

maybe an option worth looking into, will make tidying up the rear much easier then means we'll be able to do it properly and redesign the whole load bay section :)

The funny thing is mate, we were chatting to Malfunctions brother Colin about this very idea last Sunday...

We have a grinder and I'd be interested in taking the back paint back to see where the welds & joins are. We need to get access to the rear light wiring as well so it's looking like a potential way in!

But yeh, if we can get yellow through her MOT we'll really start tearing into this one again and get going :D

i'm not convinced there are welds tbh, if there are, i'm guessing tack welds and a **** load of filler.....

i reckon we should hinge that hatch anyway, means we will have capacity for long loads/access for rear light screws etc and will be VERY easy to do, just a case of utilising the standard boot latch and hinging the boot panel that's there :)

http://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/326109-seicento-sporting-pick-up.html

maybe some use in working out how things have been done...

Yeah, but not much to draw :laugh: just hinge the boot from the top of the load bay cover area using standard sei boot hinges or similar, basically copy the standard setup, just using half the bootlid. A bit like the mk1 punto cabrio did. MEans we can use the latch that is already there and open it via the handle next to the drivers seat etc :)

or we can get creative and hinge it from the bottom and it'd drop like a proper pickup loadbay door, but that's harder to do.

will try and draw something up later :) still need to draw my upper load bay plans to put them forward anyway haha :D

The latch which is already there is in the process of being ripped out - as it was covered in/surrounded in that fecking foam! The handle was bodged if you remember? So that's in the scrap pile now!

Gotta be honest, I forgot all about that thread on FF. If I can make a go at hauling the engine out then we can start concentrating on the metal work again once she's in fully dry storage :D

Back