Events - your thoughts/opinions

Currently reading:
Events - your thoughts/opinions

A few moderators have been having a discussion and we want to know your thoughts.

A couple of years ago we didnt attend events and we started getting interest and people telling us they wanted to attend shows/events under the fiatforum banner.

So we got the banner and started attending events (y)

We have noticed that the modified shows we dont seem to get very much interest although it was you lot asked to go to these events.

So we want to know whats stopping you going?

If we get little/no interest then we cant attend said events, there is a lot of effort that goes into organising for the forum to go to events and its a shame for it to go to waste.

All replies are greatly welcome (y)

I think loads of members love the idea of going to these events but when it comes down to having there cars on display with some of the best modified cars in the country, they change there mind.

Plus these kind of events (donny etc) are the more expensive variety (although they do offer a better show than the likes of AI events) and so alot of people again love the idea of it but when it comes to paying, realise that its a little over budget having to pay for the weekend ticket and hotel/accomodation aswell as a taxi to and from the event as the car is stuck on display etc.

hence we have the non-modded shows, ie: gaydon, stanford, mitcar, brooklands, etc, where it's a social gathering for the FF under the pretext of supporting the organisers. i've brought the panda, totally un-modified, to the majority of these shows on a regular basis, without qualm, and thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with everyone, even when i decided to bring the beat up tub, by no means a decent looker, more a shed on wheels.

in essence, i would say, have a look over the gallery, events section, see what has gone on, get a feel for what the event is, if you think it's your thing, even if it isn't quite, come along, say hello, it's more the interaction that makes the day. i think at stanford last year i spent more time in the FF section nattering to people than looking round the other stands, why? i was having a fine time gabbling with one and all.

I think loads of members love the idea of going to these events but when it comes down to having there cars on display with some of the best modified cars in the country, they change there mind.

Plus these kind of events (donny etc) are the more expensive variety (although they do offer a better show than the likes of AI events) and so alot of people again love the idea of it but when it comes to paying, realise that its a little over budget having to pay for the weekend ticket and hotel/accomodation aswell as a taxi to and from the event as the car is stuck on display etc.

there are lots of not so good modified ones though, and at Donny was a lot that didn't look modified much at all to me in the clubs bit,

they not all loads money either fast fest is only £8.50 for the whole weekend including camping and night time entertainment

what fiat events are there please?
I am based in York and hope to find some fiat event where I can chat and meet other Bravo owners at some stage

Im not saying the cars on here are crap. Im saying that alot of the owners dont think there cars are good enough to be on display because they are either unfinished or just not bodykitted to the hills.

I know there are some real ****ters at some of the shows but that doesnt mean that people wont think there car is worthy.

Agreed, the AI events are really a social gathering for members rather than an actual car show. IMO once youve seen one ferrari, youve seen them all and it can be a bit boring to look around the AI events.

TBH I prefer the modified shows for things to look at, they offer inspiration if your into modding and you do get to see a massive variety of cars, not just stock boring old ferraris. But I do like the AI events for the social aspect, same with MITcar and things like ACE. You dont go ACE to look at cars...

Agreed, the AI events are really a social gathering for members rather than an actual car show. IMO once youve seen one ferrari, youve seen them all and it can be a bit boring to look around the AI events.

Agreed. When I go to AI I rarely look at the cars, perhaps of forums and clubs i know but generally i just stay by our stand and chat most of the day :eek: :devil:

Maybe, just a suggestion, at the start of the year a poll is held on which modded shows to aim for and the top 2/3 are the ones the forum will attend that way people will know basic costs etc to have to find, and what dates to be available.

Steve

9/10 times for me it's distance.
I'm going to Eurofest at Castle Combe. It's over 800 miles for the round trip, not the kind of thing I can do too often.

i agree i live in scotland and there dont seem to be too many meets up here, its just a bit too much money for me to pay for the tipo beast to get down to half of the events due to it being a 2ltr and me not being able to lift my right foot from the floor most of the time lol

hopefully i should start at the begining - middle of next show season when the sei is finished! this is the main reason im not attending shows.

when shes finished you guy n gals will see me loads lol! but bear in mind she will be no where near most big show cars but ill be quite happy to show her off :D

you car don't have to be finished to join a club stand, clean is good though if its ok weather

my car is in quite a state lol i need my drivers door respraying (local fiat deal is a ....) and there are quite a few just little things im not happy with on her

i know my car isn't done up to the hilt but i get a bit of a buzz when your on a stand with loads of people who are in the same boat as you all the cars looking good and i think now a days less is more when it comes to doing your car up. am i right?:confused:

Back