Epic Doblo Adventure

Currently reading:
Epic Doblo Adventure

That looks like the dumbest vehicle ever to use! Should be interesting, going to follow on Fb and twitter.

Interestingly I planned on doing a similar trip in a converted Transit van when I was younger although I was going to go through Russia and was aiming for Japan. Never got into a serious stage though.

oh hell yeh i wish them luck, time of their life i hope :)

i understand the space, but i wouldnt want to do it in a van... a panda 750 mabe or a cinq/sei or something small and seriously challenging to drive over the terrain lol.

or a corsa. 1.0.... a real challenge to even get me in one

I think doing any event like that in a vehicle with a relatively modest power output's a challenge in itself. Fair do's, it's a diesel but fully loaded going up some of the hills/mountains they'll be traversing, progress will be...difficult.

Wonder if we should do a site version of this expedition sometime in the future...

Did just read this in the blurb about the motor...

Remember that pesky Rally rule about not taking a car with an engine any larger than 1.2cc or be older than 10 years? Doblo makes sense now, doesn't she!? Once we get to Mongolia, Doblo will be sold bythe rally organisers and the money made from that sale will go tocharity too.

I'm assuming they've just got their capacities mixed up as a 1.2cc engine for a journey like that would be a properly epic undertaking lol

Wonder if there's something in the rules about not using alternative fuels though - something like running it on veg oil or similar could be a good way of cutting costs and also having an underlying environmental theme to the journey. Not to mention some kind of veg oil manufacturer sponsorship deal :p

well get it organised propperly and im in then!... problem is we would ned to raise 1k to join the rally. and then petrol ontop.... but if your up for it i think we should do it in 1-2 years

It's far from the first time we as a site have toyed with the idea of a charity drive.

I was looking at doing a daft 'round the coast' drive this year, but things got in the way sadly. I also know members have, in the past, done things like the Modball so it's not completely unrealistic as an idea.

im sure someone on FF did it last year in a sporting sei.. but raised it on 899 springs and added 14s with bigger tyres for ground clearence. pluss made a sump and petrol tank guard.

from what i herd they made it there AND back

They have just followed me on twitter. I some how feel my posts about making a fence in the garden will pale in comparison to some of the stuff they put up.

Back