ebay dilemma

Currently reading:
ebay dilemma

davecooper

Can someone give me some advice. I currently have an item for sale (actually early stock car programmes) on ebay. It has been on for a couple of days and has attracted bids from six different people so far.
I have just realised that I have, completely by mistake, put some incorrect information in the sale text and this will almost certainly affect the value of the item. I do not want to cheat anyone and want to put this right. I am worried that if I edit the advert, I will annoy the bidders and lose any interest I have. What should I do?

Can someone give me some advice. I currently have an item for sale (actually early stock car programmes) on ebay. It has been on for a couple of days and has attracted bids from six different people so far.
I have just realised that I have, completely by mistake, put some incorrect information in the sale text and this will almost certainly affect the value of the item. I do not want to cheat anyone and want to put this right. I am worried that if I edit the advert, I will annoy the bidders and lose any interest I have. What should I do?

Don't think you can revise the item now bids have been made, and as the incorrect info possibly effects the final price the only thing left for you to do is end the auction early, but first I would create a new listing with the correct info, then end the auction stating incorrect info as the reason and hope the bidders see your new listing.

End the ad and put up a new ad with the correct information then email the bidders and explain why you ended the item and give them the new item number, will save you a load of aggravation afterwards.

Yes you can edit the listing with bids and I wouldn't bother to end and relist either.

Just amend the text and email the highest bidder saying sorry and you understand if they would like you to cancel the bid (so it doesn't show as a bid retraction on their account)
If they do want you to remove it, then do the same for the underbidder...if they are happy to proceed, then its job done :)

End the ad and put up a new ad with the correct information then email the bidders and explain why you ended the item and give them the new item number, will save you a load of aggravation afterwards.

Think you'll get a big slap on the wrist from Ebay and the possibility of having all your listings removed for that.

Last edited:
Think I'll go with Missey. I had considered this but just needed to see peoples suggestions first.. Did not want to pull the ad early.

Back