Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

I'm afraid this is now well over my head I'm not afraid to throw some money at this problem the trouble is finding somebody competent to come take a look .. any suggestions ????

I think the p1671 code relates to the solenoid regulation valve on the high pressure pump or it's wiring.
If the regulation solenoid valve is not working no fuel will enter the high pressure pump .
See my post #19. It seems that only 100 Bar without electrical input, and ECU does not allow injection below 120 Bar.

I have been researching Fiat eLearn, for 2.8jtd, and where better written that for the 2.0jtd, both of which use the Bosch EDC 15C7 ECU.

The ECU has to have several conditions satisfied, before injection is allowed. One condition is that fuel pressure is greater than 120 Bar, another is that the hp pressure regulator must be "seen" by the ECU. (The ECU shuts down if electric regulator valve is not detected.)
Without a supply to the hp regulator valve the hp pump output is restricted to 100 Bar.

Relay T9 is described as the main injection relay, so starting cannot take place until it is operated. It is not clear to me whether the ECU inhibits injection via T9, or more directly by internal connections, but either way we need T9, and the hp regulator to be seen by the ECU.

I could have arrived at an incorrect conclusion. Helpful comments are welcome.
Is it to much of a leap to think that this could also be applicable to later models. In my case im thinking x290 for which theres no documentation to check. Or is the x250 wildly different to the 244? Sorry its early morning i cant sleep or turn on pc to check.

Bit concerned about the battery voltage in diagnostic report.
Has system been tested with a suitable fully charged battery, to first double check the immobiliser sequence is working correctly and then see if it spins over fast enough.
The original battery may have suffered from the cold weather and no amount of "trickle charging" will make an improvement
Generally a modern diesel will start very quickly and not need flogging over many times, however if battery is old and not holding a good charge the voltage may quickly drop to a point where the ECU cannot function correctly.

I need the services of an auto electrician/mechanic in or around the northwest who is both mobile and competent any recommendations welcome

Back