Technical Croma oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical Croma oil leak

Landrange

Hi all! Anyone had oil leak freom their Cromas? Mine is quite oily underneath in the sorrounding area between engine and gearbox. Then I`m thinking crankshaft oilseal. Am I looking at an gearbox out job here? Its an 1,9 diesel. 2010 model with 230tkm

Hi all! Anyone had oil leak freom their Cromas? Mine is quite oily underneath in the sorrounding area between engine and gearbox. Then I`m thinking crankshaft oilseal. Am I looking at an gearbox out job here? Its an 1,9 diesel. 2010 model with 230tkm

Hi,
Gearbox oil seal also a possibility, the oil is different looking... But both need the Gearbox removed 🤔

Hi,
Gearbox oil seal also a possibility, the oil is different looking... But both need the Gearbox removed 🤔
Thanks, but not quite sure what you mean, but I have cleaned up underneath and as the car is lifted up on a liftingpost, I will let it run in gear while I`m looking to maybe see where the oil is coming out.

Gearbox oil is thicker.. And maybe more Green than Black
Motor oil will be "thinner" and more Brown in colour

You have seen good service from that GM build 👍
Yes, if its the oilseal from crankshaft, its engine oil ofcourse. Had this issue with other cars,

Back