Technical Bent Front Stub Axle

Currently reading:
Technical Bent Front Stub Axle

Luke W

Hi All,
I was putting in new brake cylinders and rehabbing the steering knuckles and noticed that the stub axle is bent. Not sure how that could have happened since its pretty stout and. Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to purchase just the stub axle and rebuild knuckle, I have not been able to find a replacement online. Also, it sounds like rebuilding these are a bit of a pain and may require special tools. I'm also assuming if I purchase an assembled steering knuckle I will probably need to purchase a set.
Thanks for any advice,
Luke

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4424.jpg
    IMG_4424.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi All,
I was putting in new brake cylinders and rehabbing the steering knuckles and noticed that the stub axle is bent. Not sure how that could have happened since its pretty stout and. Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to purchase just the stub axle and rebuild knuckle, I have not been able to find a replacement online. Also, it sounds like rebuilding these are a bit of a pain and may require special tools. I'm also assuming if I purchase an assembled steering knuckle I will probably need to purchase a set.
Thanks for any advice,
Luke

You really would be best to buy an entire, refurbished assembly.

Back