Technical 8 or 7 digit bosch injector for x290 2.3. Multiecuscan offers 7 digits.

Currently reading:
Technical 8 or 7 digit bosch injector for x290 2.3. Multiecuscan offers 7 digits.

ltz

Trying to code in a few new injectors on a 2017 2.3 x290. Multiecuscan offers me a 7 digit code to be entered the old and new injectors have 8 letter codes. And multiecuscan only states generic error message when trying to update. I got an ELM cable with/without yellow cable for it. without yellow ECU will do alot of the adaptions but not update the injectors.
- Should I perhaps enter the last 7 digits of the 8 digit cod eon the injectors?

Fix:
- This engine needs 7 letters (alfaodb version currently think its 9.. which obviously wont work)
- MES needs a "quicker" device in order to be able to code injector values. cable connected for instance. A wifi elm (the one I used) was to "slow" to code these things.
- I went to a dealer with some other software - which did the 7 digits on the injectors without trouble. I skipped the last letters (which was "F" on all injectors)

Did injector coding yesterday with cheap USB ELM327. Its a bit tricky as MES looses connection frequently but after several tries it worked finally.
I've ordered a VGate Pro and once I received that, I'll let you know wheter its same bul..hit device or doing a better job.

I successfully coded all 4 bosch injectors with a 'Vgate icar pro wifi' and a paid multiecuscan for iphone.
car: ducato van 2.3 2016 (290)
injectors were in the following format: ASH5BW6N, 8 characters. I only entered the first 7 as suggested somewhere else. Not sure what the last 'N' stands for, the same on all 4.
seems to iddle better, will take it over the weekend for a spin. there was a perceived tick at iddle with the new injectors, that seems gone after coding.

fuel consumption (camperized, full weight)
before the injectors change: 8-9 l/100km
after the injectors: 11.5 l/100km (300km trip)
after resetting pilot and other stuff fuel related in mes: 10.8 (300km return trip)
after coding the injectors: we'll see this weekend.

Back