Technical 4x4 Not starting-? dead battery

Currently reading:
Technical 4x4 Not starting-? dead battery

Tried the car again the following day, started well and ran fine. Maybe things have settled back down with the battery been off for a while. I read somewhere that the ECU takes a while to learn the car again (which sounds rubbish)

Tried the car again the following day, started well and ran fine. Maybe things have settled back down with the battery been off for a while. I read somewhere that the ECU takes a while to learn the car again (which sounds rubbish)
Good! 👍

Supposedly it reverts to
"factory setting", and then relearn minor adjustments as you drive.

I am currently doing similar in a Twinair that has sat too long,
low battery seemed to flag all kinds of spurious errors, just cleared them tonight

Hoping to see gains now 🙂

What sort of errors did you get, did they need clearing with OBD reader?

Yes, but they were "Body"

Airbag, Alarm, ABS and network
{it's not a Panda..}

I have MultiECUscan... from when I broke an Airbag Isolator Switch,

And a new switch didn't put the light out 😔

VERY handy since 👍

And only £43 to keep up to date with my current cars ☺️

Our 2023 4x4 has stood on the drive most of the winter, I ran it now and then to keep battery topped up. Went to move it yesterday and didn't start.

So charged the battery, which says 100% 13.1v on my Ring charger. Trouble is car still won't start.

It sounds as if its tying to start, with what must be the starter motor sound but it just doesn't fire up at all.

On our last Panda when the battery died it just made no sound at all, this does sound as if its trying.

Is this a dead battery, maybe not putting out enough current? Or does something need to be reset after charging the battery?
TAs dont like being left. Oil may drain From the valve gear and take A LOT of cranking to wake the vaves up. Crankinglowers the battery and away go the warning lights .

Back