2023 Vauxhall Grandland Courtesy Car... An Experience

Currently reading:
2023 Vauxhall Grandland Courtesy Car... An Experience

shkoda are no better with their K....Q range, I've seen so many with similar names that look similar.

This came up...

Exactly the same car as the one you had but manual...

They are not an expensive car the deposit isn't even massive either. It's this or a base spec Corsa..

1000012681.png

You'll get no argument on that point though of course the lack of 7 seats renders it less useful.

Although coming soon a new Frontera...which reinstates the 2 jump seats in the boot to complete their evolution back into MPVs.

Generally anything with a low monthly payment has a silly low annual mile limit

You'll get no argument on that point though of course the lack of 7 seats renders it less useful.

Although coming soon a new Frontera...which reinstates the 2 jump seats in the boot to complete their evolution back into MPVs.
Yeah, I seen a couple of back stories on popular review channels trying to say that the Grandland is some sort of direct successor of the Frontera… then Antara. Although I suspect those were much more proper off roaders with the right set of tyres than this thing could ever be.

True it lacks 7 seats… But in terms of how it drives and feels, it’s just one big tall open air box that leans too much around corners. Very clumsy and uncomposed body.

My dad had a Frontera years ago. We were in an 18 car pileup on the M6 in it. Wrote off spectacularly. We were okay but I can remember how the tyres were ripped open like somebody sliced a knife right down them. there was also a purple Ford Galaxy a few cars back ripped right up nearly vertical. I wonder if there is any articles online from it, was like August 2006 I’m sure. It was a red / maroon like colour. He had just got the brakes done, new tyres the very day before this drive to Stranraer for the ferry crossing. I liked that car but I was too young to fully understand ‘The Joys of General Motors’ back then!

Even the new Frontera seems, as you say, more MPV than the original and Antara was since. Only seen a few Antara’s in the flesh. They looked very American, bland styling and clearly a Chevrolet car. Messed around on the Vauxhall configuration about a decade ago with them, they were one of the pricier models. I wonder if they had the MPV feel or closer to the ‘proper off road’ car feel

Only seen a few Antara’s in the flesh. They looked very American, bland styling and clearly a Chevrolet car.
It was the captiva, made in korea somehow all linked to GM daewoo factory.
We had one from new, it was a really nice car, the engine was an abomination, even vauxhall didn't want to know in the end.

It was the 2.2 diesel. Came to the conclusion the mapping was bad in some cars as some were fine, some couldn't hold it at 70 in 6th gear, had to stay in 5th at 70mph.

Biggest pain was the dpf logic. Zero sense to it, needed a regen every 400-500 miles. But if you didn't take it out for a 40 minute drive when it wanted a regen, then dpf light came on, and book said that if the light is on and not taken to Vauxhall, they would not cover any engine damage.

The dpf was purely on mileage, we went to newcastle and back, about 400 miles, literally a mile from home it started the dpf nonsense. Also worked out it used over half a gallon of diesel for a typical regen. But would try to regen even if going into the town or my wife going to work (less than 5 miles), meaning really bad mpg due to failed regens.

Or
It was the 2.2 diesel. Came to the conclusion the mapping was bad in some cars as some were fine, some couldn't hold it at 70 in 6th gear, had to stay in 5th at 70mph.

Biggest pain was the dpf logic. Zero sense to it, needed a regen every 400-500 miles. But if you didn't take it out for a 40 minute drive when it wanted a regen, then dpf light came on, and book said that if the light is on and not taken to Vauxhall, they would not cover any engine damage.

The dpf was purely on mileage, we went to newcastle and back, about 400 miles, literally a mile from home it started the dpf nonsense. Also worked out it used over half a gallon of diesel for a typical regen. But would try to regen even if going into the town or my wife going to work (less than 5 miles), meaning really bad mpg due to failed regens.
all early cars with DPFs seemed to have trouble. Even a 1.4 diesel Yaris we had in the family only has major issues with that. Although I think a lot of the issues people had came down to them crossing the border and/or using cheap and nasty diluted down diesel that messed with the sensors somehow leading to havoc. People here use that ‘red diesel’ intended for fan machinery too, that was behind a lot of the DPF hassle people had as I suppose the dye was all it took to upset fragile passenger car internals

Back