Technical 2010 Ducato (Adria Twin) Air Flow Meter Signal and Brake Pedal Switch

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Ducato (Adria Twin) Air Flow Meter Signal and Brake Pedal Switch

Antti

Hello,

I have 2010 Ducato (2.3) based Adria Twin. Couple of days ago the dashboard engine warning light turned on. I have read fault codes with Multiecuscan and it gives following codes:
P0101 - Air flow meter signal; No signal; Fatal; Light ON
P0111 - Air flow meter temperature signal; No signal; Fatal; light ON
P0504 - Brake pedal switch; Invalid signal; Fatal

When I clear the error codes, they come back within a second.

Here are some parameters:
Air temperature (MAF): 1270,70 C (a bit too high!)
Air temperature (Boost/Manifold): 8,56 C (approximately correct)
Brake pedal status: responds correctly to pedal position
Brake contact 2: ON (what is this anyway?)
Clutch pedal: Pressed -> does not respond to pedal position, stays always on

I have changed the air flow meter to new one -> no change. I have disconnected the air flow meter connector -> no change. I have checked the wirings from engine bay -> nothing seems to be broken. I have checked brake and clutch swithches and they seems to work just ok. Brake pedal switch have to circuits, NC and NO. Clutch pedal switch have one circuit NC (if I remember correctly). And yes, I have pulled those plungers out from those switches and still no change to behavior.

And of course the cruise control does not work because of (at least) that wrong clutch pedal signal.

Does someone have some good suggestions where to troubleshoot next? I thin this could be some wiring/earth issue, but if somebody could give me some kind of tips I would be grateful.

EDIT: I also have done next adjustments in Multiecuscan: Air flow meter replacement adjustment and reset self-learned functions.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have 2010 Ducato (2.3) based Adria Twin. Couple of days ago the dashboard engine warning light turned on. I have read fault codes with Multiecuscan and it gives following codes:

I have changed the air flow meter to new one -> no change. I have disconnected the air flow meter connector -> no change. I have checked the wirings from engine bay -> nothing seems to be broken. I have checked brake and clutch swithches and they seems to work just ok. Brake pedal switch have to circuits, NC and NO. Clutch pedal switch have one circuit NC (if I remember correctly). And yes, I have pulled those plungers out from those switches and still no change to behavior.

And of course the cruise control does not work because of (at least) that wrong clutch pedal signal.

Does someone have some good suggestions where to troubleshoot next? I thin this could be some wiring/earth issue, but if somebody could give me some kind of tips I would be grateful.

EDIT: I also have done next adjustments in Multiecuscan: Air flow meter replacement adjustment and reset self-learned functions.
By coincidence I noticed that reversing lights didn't work. I checked the fuse and it was burnt. I changed it and all faults are gone now! I would never have thought that it could cause something like this!

Interesting -It is likely the fuse for reversing lights also powers some engine circuits-well done making the connection.
Best wishes
Jack

Hello,

These are exactly the faults I have on my 2008 2.3 120 Multijet Ducato .

Except I changed the blown F35 fuse and I STILL have the errors .
I still have low power or limp mode as it were .
On the plus side the radio works again but unfortunately the reverse light doesn't .
Any help or further insight would be greatly appreciated .
Does anyone have any pictures of the earth point locations I could check please ?
I believe those things could be a major contributing factor to my woes .

TIA

Fattrucker

Back