General Please help 2003 fiat doblo wav air flowmeter

Currently reading:
General Please help 2003 fiat doblo wav air flowmeter

Nathan Cooper

Hi

I recently bought a 2003 high top fiat doblo 1.9 diesel wheelchair accessible vehicle , which I couldn't test drive because I had to move the drivers seat , I have severe osteoarthritis and have very limited mobility in my right leg .

When I got the seat moved and took it out for a drive it was very gutless on the hills with my electric wheelchair in ( struggling to get out of 2nd gear on steep hills ) , paid for a service and the garage put the computer on and only fault that came up was a glow plug and they told me to leave it as it was prone to breaking when removing the old glow plug but the mechanic said the air flow meter was faulty and needed replacing .

This flow meter seems a nightmare to find , part number 46799858 , the fiat main dealer told me they couldn't get hold of it and to scrap the car , thanks for the help .

Car reg. Is GR03OCM and any help would be much appreciated to help me get my independence back and get my disability car back on the road .

Many thanks

Nathan
images (52).jpeg

Hi Nathan,
And welcome to FF, 🙂

I would try a good parts supplier, like Shop4parts

A "Euro shipper" like the sites based in Germany/Poland / France may also offer stock, but times and Import duties can be a hassle,

Shop4parts are in Leeds, and sell lots of Italy sourced FIAT /ALFA parts

Give them a call on Monday

I had forgotten there was a non. Turbo

I had several JTD Models, hard to believe that's 21 years ago.. 🤔

Last edited:
I put that part number in a search "fiat part number 46799858" and got several hits, so you should be able to obtain one, here is one :- "https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/46799858" around £180 so not cheap!
I had a 03 Doblo van 1.9 non turbo with the Lucas Epic injector pump, it was gutless as hell compared with the JTD turbo engine models as only rated at around 63 Hp compared with the 100hp of the JTD version at the time. The low powered one had a engine series number 223A6.000 , this number may be found on chassis plate under bonnet area. They were also not very economical either compared with the more powerful turbo version , so not even a saving grace in that direction I am afraid:(.
Just as a test , see what it runs like if you pull the plug of the flow meter.
My slow typing , I see @varesecrazy has suggested one also.;)

Back