Grey alloy wheel paint code

Currently reading:
Grey alloy wheel paint code

Bobupndown

Looking to find the paint code used for grey/anthracite alloy wheels ad fitted to Fiat 500S. Anyone know this please?
download (4).jpeg

I don’t think there is a “paint code” for the wheels

They are a powder coat finish and are made external to the factory where the car is made.

Being a powder coat there is no paint and therefore no paint code, companies that repaint wheels such as smart repair companies will use experience and test cards to see what colour might be the closest match.

So your choice is to buy something from a shop that looks close enough and paint the whole single wheel, or get a colour you are happy with, that might be different and paint all 4 wheels.

You also have the option of going to a wheel refurbishment company who could re-powder coat the wheel probably in its original colour of powder

Thanks.
I bought a couple of spare alloys to put winter tyres on and they have scuffs in places. I guess I'll just try to find a spray paint as close a match as possible and repaint them.

I went to an automotive paint factor and looked through around 10,000 paint colours and did eventually find a good match but then you need to add laquer. I am sorry I gave the paint away with the car and cant tell you more. There were no codes for wheel paint at that time. (2018)

Thanks.
I bought a couple of spare alloys to put winter tyres on and they have scuffs in places. I guess I'll just try to find a spray paint as close a match as possible and repaint them.
This is what I would do and possibly repaint the whole wheel rather than trying to just clean up a patch.

If you have deep scratches you can get special alloy wheel filler, I have been using it recently, its really good but don't ever get it on your hand as it sticks like ---- to a blanket and you can't even scrub it off, it takes your skin off so wear gloves. however when it goes on it is really easy to work with and the results are brilliant.

Have you a link or a brand name for the filler you used?
I think it is this one. I have to confess I bought it ages (years) ago and the label has since fallen off

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back