Technical wont start cold

Currently reading:
Technical wont start cold

smudge69549

hi heres hopin ya can help, my 1500 bertone wont start from cold (auto choke works?well it operates flap closes) timin/points/fuel pump/plugs checked. have to turn her over for ages she wont fire, so give her half throttle and after a while she starts to catch then 2 cylinders fire a few seconds later the third, 2-3000rpm later the fourth joins in once she has started there is no more problem (till i have to go to work the next day!!!!)
thanx in advance for ya help, smudge

You didn't mention year or if it is carbed or injected... but since most of what I know it carbs...

Have you checked to see if you get a squirt of fuel into the carb by pumping the throttle cable? If you aren't then it is your fuel running back down the line and the carb is empty. If this is the case, then you need to get a fuel filter with a one-way check valve to keep the carb supplied with fuel.

Although this will be changing shortly... I am going all new wiring and fuel infected with megasquirt useing the turbo from an Uno motor...

Later Daze,
Eric Flowers:D
1980 X1/9 His
1984 X1/9 Her's

"Real men love hugging tight curves"[}:)]

you may have spun a bearing or be low on oil. the same thing tore my crankshaft to s**t. just a thought, thanks

Richard

Back