Technical Wheel sizes

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel sizes

dutchypunto98

Hi all, just a bit of a question.

I'm looking at a set of wheels for my Twinair Punto but I'm just not sure exactly if they fit, and how well they would if they do. Currently I've got standard 15" wheels, with 185/65 tyres. The ones I'm looking at are 4×100 17" with et35, 205/45 tyres. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi all, just a bit of a question.

I'm looking at a set of wheels for my Twinair Punto but I'm just not sure exactly if they fit, and how well they would if they do. Currently I've got standard 15" wheels, with 185/65 tyres. The ones I'm looking at are 4×100 17" with et35, 205/45 tyres. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
There are sites on line that give comparisons of which wheel diam . or tyre profile etc. gives best or even legal options. They also give details about the offset etc. ET numbers as well as the actual PCD side of whether they fit the wheel studs.
Others here may be able to advise better, but my thoughts are if you are only concerned with the looks then large diameter wheels with very low profile tyres are great, but if you are going to use the car every day on the pothole filled roads we have then you are going to get more tyre and rim damage and a harder ride than if you have higher profile tyres which absorb the bumps better.
Low profile tyres aid cornering with better response etc. but unless you are racing you will not feel the benefit in day to day use.:)

Back