Punto Evo into Punto Grande

Currently reading:
Punto Evo into Punto Grande

Matty Greenfield

Ive just got my 1.9 Grande Punto on the road, and by chance a scrappers has got a heater unit, set of wheels and rear lights for me. Can anyone tell me if the heater unit is a straight swap from evo to grande? I already know the wheels are 4x98 so thats not a problem, and rear lights are self explanatory (ish) the only thing im wondering about is the heater unit. Cheers

There are a few problems here.

Wheels are 4x100 (not 4x98) for both the grande and the EVO so shouldn't be an issue unless the wheels are not off an EVO or grande.

tail lights on the EVO are LED so require quite a lot of messing about with, to avoid multiple errors coming up on the dials telling you, that you have failed bulbs in the rear lights. The normal bulbs in the grande have much higher resistance than the EVO LEDs

The heater unit as far as i understand is essentially the same but there may be differences in the plastics that attach to it as the EVO has a completly different design to the dash the pipes for the vents are likely to be different and therefore some swapping about might be in order.

Also if one of the cars has dual zone climate control and the other has normal air con then they won't be compatible

Back