General Hi, new Fiat 500e owner.

Currently reading:
General Hi, new Fiat 500e owner.

Ryanmclai

Hi all,

Just bought a 2nd 2021 Fiat 500e La Prima for my wife yesterday. Very happy to drive it as my wife really love the cute style. Someone said I don’t have to buy a roadside assistance from AA or RAC as Fiat included a 36 months breakdown cover in the UK. I am not sure it is the case or not as there is not much information in the web. I have some questions for our new Fiat 😜
1. How can I connect our phone Fiat App to the car? I mean the app can see the charging status, preheat settings, etc. Is that I need to call the Dealer to activate it?

2. Just found there is no USB C port in the central storage area, but notice that a lot of youtube review are showing the car has a USB C port on it. Any chance to add it back?

Hi all,

Just bought a 2nd 2021 Fiat 500e La Prima for my wife yesterday. Very happy to drive it as my wife really love the cute style. Someone said I don’t have to buy a roadside assistance from AA or RAC as Fiat included a 36 months breakdown cover in the UK. I am not sure it is the case or not as there is not much information in the web. I have some questions for our new Fiat 😜
1. How can I connect our phone Fiat App to the car? I mean the app can see the charging status, preheat settings, etc. Is that I need to call the Dealer to activate it?

2. Just found there is no USB C port in the central storage area, but notice that a lot of youtube review are showing the car has a USB C port on it. Any chance to add it back?
Afternoon,

Welcome to the forum. The car should have 36 months breakdown cover but would suggest you check with your Fiat dealer to see that this his been properly registered. Only time I needed to use breakdown cover was on an ICE Fiat500 at found out it wasn't registered properly........

The FIAT app needs to be registered with a code supplied either by the dealer or by Fiat. If you use the latter, you'll need the V5 document for proof of ownership. You can contact Fiat directly through the app or the car.

Can't help with point 2 I'm afraid.

There are two USB ports - see pages 277 and 278 of the manual. Neither are USB C; you would have to use an adapter.

Last edited:
There are two USB ports - see pages 277 and 278 of the manual. Neither are USB C; you would have to use an adapter.
I have had a look on YouTube and the current specs on the Fiat website. At some point since 2021, Fiat have added a USB C port in the central console beside the standard one. Not sure it could be retrofitted without a bit of surgery to the console plastics to fit the new module or whether it would be plug and play with the existing wiring.

Back