classic 850's

Currently reading:
classic 850's

mitch_850

i have started this thread for everyone who owns classic 850's because as you know finding anything about them on this site is hard enough as it is, so please post youre questions and general stories here.

i have a 64' 850 berlina and i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get a flywheel and clutch pressure plate for it.

Hiya.
Hopefully in the next few weeks you won't be alone. I am in the throws of getting a Coupe. At the mo I don't have any details on it but I have just bought an Alfa GTV from a mate who has one stashed away and says it's mine if I want it. I'll let you know all about it went I see it.

Ta, Stu

"Damm" forgot you were here, been trying to keep this one quiet. Believe it or not Johnny has it stashed away. Because I'm doing his GTV he's agreed to let me have first dibs on it.
Mind you I'm in a real pickle at the moment. Iv'e also been put onto a Topolino. I have to figure out (A) how to fit it all into the garage, (B) how to tell Lorna, and (C) find the money to buy and restore them all!!
Typical though, I have been after an 850 an Topo for as long as I can remember and the 2 of them come up together.
I could see the 308 being sold.

hi.
flywheel and any other parts obtainable from Bayliss in USA.there is even an 850 catalogue available.

thanks guys for you're replies the thread seems to be coming along nicely. As for my parts i'll give Bayliss a go. Good luck with the 850 Stuart.

I have been unsuccessfull getting the parts from Bayliss because i live in Australia it cost heaps in shipping does anyone know where i could get Fiat parts in South Australia or just Australia. Cheers.........................

Update on the 850 I was hoping to get my oily hands on. It's turned into a 127. "Bugger". With that now gone and unless the 127 is sport I'm now hoping to come up trumpts with a Fiat Topolino which also seems to be slowly fading away. Don't you just love idle promises.
Steve, want a 127!!!!

i have a 73 850 Spyder that I would like to put a 2L 124 series motor in. Any tips or info for this project? I have seen years ago a coupe done this way, but no technicals on the job.Any help would be great!

1976 124 Spyder
1973 850 Spyder

John

Here is my race prepped 850. Gutted the street car (race weight 1460 lbs w/o driver). Bored the 903 engine .060 over = 965, shortened up 4th gear & lowered the suspension.
Its a great handling car.

Mitch

Attachments

• Mitch Schwartzburg racecar - 2.jpg
    Mitch Schwartzburg racecar - 2.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 37
  • Mitch Schwartzburg racecar - 1.jpg
    Mitch Schwartzburg racecar - 1.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 39
that s no problem here in portugal we have seat 850 flywheel and clutch pressure plate new and lot of other new parts

The Fiat 850 engine (located at the rear side of the car) rotates left (same as Fiat 133) while Fiat 127, Autobianchi A112, Uno and Panda have the engine in front of the car, here the engine turns right.

Direction conversion from left to right is it possible for this engine?

could any one give me any information about this subject? thanks

I have a pair of new 850 saloon door handles which have 2 keys if anyone is interested?? I believe I also have a new 850 sport cam (although it does need a good clean up) Tel is 07818 043178 Regards, Chris

casteloruca said:
The Fiat 850 engine (located at the rear side of the car) rotates left (same as Fiat 133) while Fiat 127, Autobianchi A112, Uno and Panda have the engine in front of the car, here the engine turns right.

Direction conversion from left to right is it possible for this engine?

could any one give me any information about this subject? thanks

When you are converting a Beetle, you disassemble the differential, and move the crownwheel to the other side.
This way you can use a engine that turns the "Wrong way"
This must be possible to do in a Fiat too.
If you want to change direction of the engine, you will have to use at custommade camshaft

Nielsk
Denmark

Back