Anyone know how to configure MultiECUscan?

Currently reading:
Anyone know how to configure MultiECUscan?

Anyone out there know how to configure MultiECUscan for my ’53 plate Stilo 1.6?

I’ve just bought myself an ELM 327 interface V1.4, the associated cables and I am using the free MultiECUscan software (I will buy the full version once I know I can connect). My intention is to reset the service warnings on my Stilo and my wife’s 500 (I have done the oil & filter changes).

Starting with the Stilo (as my wife has the 500 for work) I’ve connected the ELM 327 device using the yellow cable (which I believe is correct?) but I can’t get connectivity. I have set the latency of the PC via Device Manager to ‘1’ as per instructions, and I’ve set the MultiECUscan software to port 14 to match the PC (USB Serial Port).

After several attempts and trying different settings I am getting the following message when scanning for interfaces (copied word for word) –

VagCom/KKL interface found at port COM3
ELM 327 1.3+ interface found at port COM14 speed 38400bps
This interface is compatible with ELM 327 1.4! Should connect properly with all CAN modules.
Latency too high!!
COMPLETED

Also, if I run a test using the MultiECUscan software I can several sucessfully completed tests until it reaches –
COMMAND: ATBI
RESPONSE: CAN ERROR>
Warning: This interface is not compatible with ELM 327 1.3!
Will not connect to any CAN module.

Am I being a numpty and doing something stupid?

Last edited:
It's okay, I've sorted it. I was being a numpty! I don't need an adaptor cable for the Stilo, it plugs directly into the socket. I also had to adjust the baud rate, which is mentioned in the instructions but I missed it!

Glad you've fixed it. I had teh same problem 2 years ago and was just wracking my tiny brain to try to remember how I fixed it. The Free ECUscan web site gives answers, also I think you can ask questions and answers come back.

To reset the service indicator, you will need the full version. Once you've done this, you'll be wishing for faults so you can play with your new toy.

The connector in the car can be a real pig to make it connect properly. You think it is on, but it may need to go further and due to its size and complexity you can't wriggle it.

I started with the free version to make sure it would connect okay and then moved on and bought the licenced version. I have now used it on the Stilo and 500 and reset the service lights (after changing the oil & filters). I had to play around a little with the 500 as it kept failing, but in the end I shut down and restarted the software and it worked a treat. I agree the OBDC socket is a bit of pig on the Stilo, on the other hand the 500 is dead easy to get to.

I'm pleased I went ahead and bought the equipment as I reckon it has already paid for itself in not having to have it serviced or reset by a garage.

Thanks for the advice everyone, especially for posting the links which made my purchase so much easier.

Back