General Advice on buying Panda TwinAir Cross

Currently reading:
General Advice on buying Panda TwinAir Cross

Aye my wife uses it as a sort of turbo or extra gear when she’s going up a long hill or when some idiots is sitting on her bumper.
I think thats the best way to use it and it relieves the pressure on dmf and engine so probably good all round. I am constantly suprised how things go away when I push that button. Even quite big and fast things.....

I think thats the best way to use it and it relieves the pressure on dmf and engine so probably good all round. I am constantly suprised how things go away when I push that button. Even quite big and fast things.....
Or not pressing it, depending if you are "normally on" or "normally off" ;) (I think the default changes on later cars?)

The same comments apply re the TA engine & its history, but you lose the potential issues of the 4x4 - and the Trekking's very capable in its own right. Is there a reason why you must have a TA - Euro 6 perhaps, because in many respects the diesel is the better choice for a high-miler.

Not specifically after a TwinAir or even. 4x4/Trekking specifically, but need 5 seats and not many seem to have them! Also a lot of the diesels aren’t ULEZ exempt, which isn’t a major issue but we do sometimes go into Birmingham and London.

Would be totally happy with a 1.2 petrol if I could find one with 5 seats and above the base spec. A lot of the 1.2 petrols are 4 seats only or Pop spec level, which means no RCL (annoying) and you have to use the key to open the boot (really annoying!)

Something like this very late petrol Sedici perhaps, plus a big fund if any work is needed (but it looks like most was done a couple of years ago, and it's just had a clutch) Genuinely good cars, really liked mine.

Would be totally happy with a 1.2 petrol if I could find one with 5 seats
They're not common in 5 seat form.

When the cars were new, it was a cheap option (about £40 IIRC); basically just another seatbelt and mounting point. Unfortunately it's not easy to find the parts to retrofit, and you'd have to have the V5 updated to reflect the change to keep insurance happy.

Anyone scrapping a 5 seat Panda would do well to keep the additional parts for resale.

Done a buy… Drove fantastically, much better than the other one. Was being all objective and neutral, then wound it up and felt turbo kick in… I was sold!
Full service 2k miles ago, full MOT. Deposit paid, picking it up in the week! Will no doubt be on here asking for advice!

Attachments

• D2C58547-2F5D-4628-BE93-020F6117079B.jpeg
    D2C58547-2F5D-4628-BE93-020F6117079B.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 3F7AABEB-6FA6-4756-BE9E-30F89A400581.jpeg
    3F7AABEB-6FA6-4756-BE9E-30F89A400581.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
If you've got a service invoice, check the oil that was used - it's key to reliability and longevity of the TA. Needs to be correct (indeed many will only use the Fiat-approved brand - Selenia IIRC)

Something like this very late petrol Sedici perhaps, plus a big fund if any work is needed (but it looks like most was done a couple of years ago, and it's just had a clutch) Genuinely good cars, really liked mine.

Support for the Seduci is poor, as they were always a Niche buy

OLD now, so should only be bought as a Budget, last a few years car

Support for the Seduci is poor, as they were always a Niche buy

OLD now, so should only be bought as a Budget, last a few years car
Suzuki Dealers do OK with them, I found (They being an SX4 in all but name, and built on the same East European line)

Back