Technical 2010 punto evo gear box

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 punto evo gear box

Lesmartin5

I have just replaced clutch and gearbox and cannot select 4th gear (it will select when stationary) if I change from 3rd to 5th I’m will select 4th when down shifting. Gearbox was remanufactured apart from selector plate which was off original gear box

Hi. I've recently changed my gearbox on a evo and had a similar problem. after putting on a second hand gearbox, i found it hard to engage 3rd and 5th. what i did was put some general grease on the ball joints for the selector for the gear linkage, also might be worth double checking the slave cylinder is bled properly as if squeezed too much when re-fitting, it sucks air in and end up with a spongy pedal.

Hi. I've recently changed my gearbox on a evo and had a similar problem. after putting on a second hand gearbox, i found it hard to engage 3rd and 5th. what i did was put some general grease on the ball joints for the selector for the gear linkage, also might be worth double checking the slave cylinder is bled properly as if squeezed too much when re-fitting, it sucks air in and end up with a spongy pedal

I have just replaced clutch and gearbox and cannot select 4th gear (it will select when stationary) if I change from 3rd to 5th I’m will select 4th when down shifting. Gearbox was remanufactured apart from selector plate which was off original gear box
I have bled the cylinder cos I had to put a new one on due to a pin hole in the boot, is it the joints on the actual gearbox where linkage attaches to selector plate that you greased

Have you changed the clutch at the same time and if so where you 100% sure the clutch got put in the right way round?

Also define re manufactured as these days there are a lot of companies selling used parts, with a coat of paint on it and calling it “re manufactured” the fact you can select the gears when stationary but not when moving suggests the bare minimum of work may have been done and very little testing, it could be the box has a damaged syncro

Back